• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

low fps in counter strike source

Scott Young

Real picture of me
i got a leadtek geforce 6800 recently, and it was running cs sourcefine up until a few days ago when the frames per second droped from anaverage of 100-90 and 50-60 in heavy fighting, to about 30-40 and 15-20in heavy fighting, i dont rember making any great changes to my pc atthe time, and ive tryed reinstallin cs, and the card drivers to noeffect

it has renered th game unplayable and it stutters like mad, wrse then when i had my old geforce 4 MX 440

and im definately not going to turn the graphics down!

2800+ XP
leadtek nVidia 6800 A400
512mb RAM PC2700

When outside of CS, do a ctrl+alt+del and see if there is a program running that is hogging system resources.

My guess is maybe you have a virus or spyware that is hogging your system specs.

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
Try running driver cleaner and reinstalling graphics card drivers. And I agree with xxfirebrandxx, or maybe even the ANTI virus or spyware is running, I have seen those kill systems too

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithgonzaal