low dvd volume

Taurus

hardware monkey
friend of mine just got an Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0. awesome board. i love q-fan!

anyway, he says his dvd volume is really low. he's tried all the soundstorm sliders. he's tried wmp9 and powerdvd. any ideas?

Try going into the control panel under "Sounds and Audio Devices", click "Advanced", make sure Windows knows what speaker configuration you have (e.g., 5.1 Surround, 2.1, Stereo). Then go into PowerDVD's settings and make sure that PowerDVD, as well as the movie, are both set to your speaker configuration. Restart, and hopefully it should be fixed.

Nah none of that makes a difference... however...

Update: I just noticed it's not just DVDs, but all video files which seem to have low volume...

just crank your volumebutton on your speakers waaaaaaaaaaay up :p

try running dxdiag from the run command and running the direct-x sound and music tests. make sure you have the latest drivers as well.

nvidia took off their 2.41 nforce drivers and reverted back to 2.03 because of an ide problem. so hopefully future versions will have an audio fix.

Oh! I just had that low DVD volume problem [tonight!], and I unchecked a box called "Send 0.1 (LFE Subwoofer) to Speakers/Headphones". Instantly, my volume went back up. I'm using WinDVD, by the way. Maybe there is a similar setting in the program you are using.

problem solved.

it was all in a configuration tab in powerdvd:

powerdvd.txt

i was on a3d/directsound3d... but now on normal stereo it's fine. and since wmp is using powerdvd's decoder, the option affected it also. he says he thought he tried all those modes before, but apparently not.

not sure how areal3d or directsound3d would be used in dvd watching, anyway? :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back