low budget sound card

Cheap and adequate. Go with the SB Live! 5.1

OEM is:
compuplus $25+15 shipping
(idiots and their offensive 2 day shipping that takes 3-4 days)

allstarshop $30+6 shipping
(that's ground but will arrive same time as compuplus w/2 day...)

I'd go with allstar. Shipping is non-refundable most places so if there is a problem and I have to return something I want the lowest shipping cost.

Make sure you get same type speakers and card. Either both analog or both digital.

If you want enhanced music playback with the SB Live get winamp and the DFX plug in. It makes my cheap speakers sound pretty good.

Audugy

You can get an Audigy on Ebay for around 50 bucks US. I know, because I just sold mine after upgrading to an Audigy 2 Platinum. Regarding other sound cards: I'm sticking with the guys who invented PC audio. The first sound card ever was a Sound Blaster. Ever since then, sound card makers have come and gone. But every one of them say on the side "Sound Blaster Compatible." Ya know why? Because the Sound Blaster is the defacto solution for PC sound that most software deveolpers use as a benchmark. Also, consider support: Creative is always improving it's drivers, has a great support website and actual human beings you can call for support. I value good support. So yes there are lot's of choices to make where price and quality/fidelity are concerned, but in my opinion, in the end a good ole' Sound Blaster is your best value.

-Wrath

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back