loud whistle sound from speaker

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
Hey i just got done reinstalling xp cause i had the .worm or whatever it was and like when i turn up the volume half way it makes a loud whistle noise and like then the computer screen has these lines and the like vibrate. Does anybody know whats goin on? I dont know if it is the sound card or not. My sound card is a audigy 2 zs. Also when i plug in the black and orange in the sound card the make a loud sound too untill i plug them in all the way.

do you have the mike plugged in or turned up?

mute that, or lower the volume, see what happens

i dont have the mic plugged in and i turned the mic volume to mute. :(

hey i know its not the right area but i keep getting the nt authority\system thing please help

yay...i think i finally got the blaster worm gone :)...anyway can anybody help with the speaker problem?

The master volume could be set too high, and/or bass/treble...

well those werent the problem...for some odd reason all of a sudden the back left speaker wires were switched around i had the red in the black and black in red but since i had to add more speaker wire to the wire that came with the speakers the wires were color coated. Its weird that all of a sudden after 3 months that it was makin that noise :\. O well its fixed now. :)

That should shouldn't cause that noise (unless there was also a short). Reversing positive and negative on speakers should only cause the signal to be 180 degrees out of phase; most noticable by a lack of bass from that speaker.

dreamliner77 said:
That should shouldn't cause that noise (unless there was also a short). Reversing positive and negative on speakers should only cause the signal to be 180 degrees out of phase; most noticable by a lack of bass from that speaker.

so... deep.... so.... genius

Whistle or squeel?

If it's squeeling thats feedback from an open micropone. Disable the mic.

His problem is fixed now, and he said that his mic was set to mute.

My dads gf told me i should make sure i have the drivers up too date which i do and download wmp9 and dx9 which i did and that still didnt help. So i checked my back speaker and switched them around and it worked :). If u r wondering why i would download dx9 is because of the computer screen problem that went along with the speaker problem. Anyway thanks for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back