Lotus Notes R5 question

q12368c

OSNN Addict
I don't want the mail send immediately once I click the 'SEND', how can I configure to make it sent out manually or sent after few mins?

thk a lot

You can make it save the email only and then send it manually once you're ready. I use Notes at work, but I'm not there right now to give you the specific directions for doing it.

q12368c said:
I don't want the mail send immediately once I click the 'SEND', how can I configure to make it sent out manually or sent after few mins?

thk a lot

It depends on the type of settings you currently have loaded.

What you would have to do is open up your connection settings in Lotus Notes (there should be a pop up window for this in the lower right hand corner of Lotus Notes). If you click on it you will be able to select different profiles, or pick Edit Current. If you have a 'local' one listed there just select that.

Otherwise you would have to select Edit Current, navigate to the mail tab, and change your mail file location to Local instead of server.

Also, you would have to send mail from the Local copy of your mail database and not the server copy (if they offer one)

I don't have Lotus in front of me right now so I can't provide any screenshots. It may vary from company to company and how they set up their Mail.

A bit off topic, but I also had the (crappy) Notes R5 in my work, and managed to find a connector that allows you to connect with Outlook 2003 to the Domino (Notes) servers. If you need guidance with this, give me a beep here.
D.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back