lot of UK people here so watch out!

scien.... wot???

:p
Bah, I am doing Internet Computing :D

I lost interest in science between the age of 16 and 17. Unfortunate really as that was about the time I started A-Levels. Got thru it tho.

heh i got an "E" in A leval science, after getting an A in Gcse :eek:

Science rocks socks and anyone who does't think so can get off my planet :p

Henyman: they don't have A-level science :p They break it down a tad when you get more advanced.

All boils down to the fast show:

socks + sandals = beard.

I did all 3 sciences for A-Level :S followed by an engineering degree!

Science is too easy at School nowdays.

It's the stupid education minister trying to put too much emphasis on education at primary Schools.

Kids these days are not allowed to be Children they have to do educational levels of a 1st year senior School child.

A-Levels and g.c.s.e.'s are a joke they're tooooooo easy.

They need an American style education system in respect to taking exams every term/half term and when at the end of the year, you fail you have to repeat that year.

Children should not start School as we know it till they're 7 years old anyway, they don't need constant homework (something I never got in junior School).

We need to have a Btec rather that A-levels.

I hated science when I was at school,I dropped it and did Biology instead :D

I mean't I hated the chemistry and physic's side of it.I think they were the most boring lesson's I ever had and when it came to choosing my Option's Biology was the only one that didn't put me to sleep :D

I am gonna like my science class cause i failed last year and i talked to my teacher the other day and he said i can sit on my ass and be a student aid :). All i gotta do is sit there and correct papers. :) Yeah!!!!

BTEC and GNVQs are much worse than A-Levels totally useless

Alot of my friends did Btec's before starting the same degree as myself and they found it initially alot harder than myself as it did not prepare them so well. Mind you I did my A-levels over 6 years ago and that was before the days when you did the AS-Level stuff so they could had changed in the mean time.
Still I dont know if the core subjects have become any easier I think it may be that there are alot of easier subjects available now

My fiance did btec national diploma in science 19 -17 years ago and it mainly contained first degree year material

I did A-level at that time also, I also did an A-level a few years ago and I can tell you A-levels these days are a breeze.

I would declare that btec has also gone down that slippery slope from what you wrote.

First 2 years of a science degree is very simlar to A-level in my opinion, it's the fourth year (third was work experience) that can catch you out.
You tend to find the loafers go on the mainly coursework based courses these days.

TittleBitties said:
I am gonna like my science class cause i failed last year and i talked to my teacher the other day and he said i can sit on my ass and be a student aid :). All i gotta do is sit there and correct papers. :) Yeah!!!!

I'm already out of college and it's good to see the american school system is still challenging kids :confused: :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back