Lost

Sorry I thought the things I mentioned were enough in "past episodes", so as to have not given away what was already established in the plot. Perhaps not...

Well, Ethan might have been a reason their group was treated better then others on the island. When the cop lady and Echo were planning ways to avoid any more of their group dieing, the first group was building a gulf course and what not.

It isn't beyond reason that Ethan might have either put in enough of a "good word", that they decided not to bother them as much; else he somehow kept some of the others at bay. Dunno, but it does bring up an interesting parallel nonetheless... He would certainly have held enough clout with "the Others" to have had an effect upon their decisions; especially among the group of people he was sent in to gather information/intel on, for his word to hold some weight.

Would this make him an angel? No, not necessarily. Albeit and that said, many characters in this show also have a certain past, from Sawyer, to Kate, to Sayid, to Ecko, etc...

There's also the other matter Saz hinted at. Perhaps they're the real Others. I'll need to d/l the ep, albeit was grabbing a 32 GB d/l via bit torrent, so sorta waiting for the d/l times to get bad before I disturb it too much... As such, I can't comment too much there... It is funny how a bunch of people who randomly crashed had run into one another, and of course there is the take Lock has taken on some of this. It was eerie the flash back that Jack had to the guy he bumped into at the race track and "until we meet again". All to then have it, as another life on the island, and what do you know?

Nice, juicy episode! A lot of pieces of the puzzle were put in place, but on the other hand, it appears there are parts of the picture we haven't even seen yet.

If Ethan was so nice, how come HE wasn't the one who helped Claire escape? It was obvious when he said "he was going to miss her" that he knew they were going to kill her when they took the baby. The "mommy" side of me was happy for Rousseau when she figured out her daughter was not only alive, but a decent human being as well. And maybe Rousseau's not as crazy as everyone thinks...

Maybe the second group (Echo et all) were treated a whole lot worse because they had that crazy militant b**** lady Ana Lucia..

That would be reason enough for me..

fitz said:
Maybe the second group (Echo et all) were treated a whole lot worse because they had that crazy militant b**** lady Ana Lucia..

That would be reason enough for me..

And yet they started having problems the first night. Was she in charge from day one? Or did she sorta fall into that roll after things started happening and the whole situation devolved? I know that's sorta a chicken and the egg type question; but given her "take charge" type manner and her police background (especially if people were away of this), they might have naturally gone to her after they saw the "sh** hit the fan".

And lets not forget that something set that French woman to become the rather crazy individual she had turned into... Whether she was always that messed up, or whether it was the direct effect of her time spent on the island would be open for debate however...

But yeah, Ana certainly has her issues, and her unlikeable side...

Very nice episode.

It was nice to see Eko making a return after what I felt was a long absence (2 or 3 episodes maybe?). His confession and the cutting of his beard was pretty interesting. I didn't realize he had kept his beard that way for a reason. And wth was up with Locke in the end? I thought he was much smarter than that... letting Henry manipulate him...

P.S. I hope Ana-Lucia dies.

Hsn said:
Very nice episode.

It was nice to see Eko making a return after what I felt was a long absence (2 or 3 episodes maybe?). His confession and the cutting of his beard was pretty interesting. I didn't realize he had kept his beard that way for a reason. And wth was up with Locke in the end? I thought he was much smarter than that... letting Henry manipulate him...

P.S. I hope Ana-Lucia dies.

Locke is losing his mojo.

That episode was great, for me there wasent a new show for awhile, was glad to see that one.

About Locke
While it does seem like an anger tanrumon his behalf, did it occur to anyone that Locke did this to convince the possible 'other' that he is on his side and wishes to overthrow Jack, thus allowing the 'other' to reveal his true self - it could just be a fancy ploy. Or not.

The man reads Dostoevsky, not a linear read at all he is quite capable of acting on the behalf of the other. It really is quite interesting that he would hand him that book instead of a King James Bible.

Nick M said:
About Locke
While it does seem like an anger tanrumon his behalf, did it occur to anyone that Locke did this to convince the possible 'other' that he is on his side and wishes to overthrow Jack, thus allowing the 'other' to reveal his true self - it could just be a fancy ploy. Or not.

Well, Locke and Jack did have a bit of a falling out, over the guns... Jack was upset because Locke moved them, and Locke was upset because Jack ran in to get them without consulting him, per their agreement/promise to each other. And then there was Sawyer in the midst, wanting to get back at Jack for having searched his tend for, to put it politely, acquired drugs taken from the hatch...

That said, Locke has had his temper before. Not that he didn't have reason, when this SOB "father" of his, played him for no other purpose then to get his kidney...

Anyhow, I'm quite exhausted, half "out of it", and need some sleep bad. Night all...

Nick M said:
About Locke
Interesting. I was thinking along the same lines actually. From the brief conversation he has with Henry, he knows that Henry can hear most of what they say on the other side of the door. He's a smart man. He could very well end up being the one who eventually gets Henry to reveal his true colors.

Then again, Locke is my favorite character in the show, so all of this could just be my way of trying to convince myself that he won't end up doing something stupid. :D As I said, he's a smart man, but everyone has a weakness that can be exploited.

I agree, but you think Locke would see through the thin attempt at ego stroking, but, alas we are not on the island and do not know the true depths of Locke's thinking.

Y'all better be watching dagnabbit.

The repeat that was :D

Welcome to Lost withdrawal. The only way to "cure" yourself is to let it go through your system in a long and painful process.

Grandmaster said:
Welcome to Lost withdrawal. The only way to "cure" yourself is to let it go through your system in a long and painful process.

Or you can watch Lost from season one all over again. I allready dunnit twice through, so.... :cry:

next new ep is going to be aired 3/22

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back