Lost

Great episode. The heat's turning up again.
I was afraid that Sawyer was going to become too "nice" and lose some of the "edge" made his character great. So I was very happy to see him back to his dirty ways :D

I liked how at the end the flashback made you think about what was going on in the background of the episode and how it all came together.

Did anyone notice Kate's mother in the diner?

I saw the preview of next week's episode today. Oh. My. God.

The timer reaches zero! :eek:

Hsn said:
I saw the preview of next week's episode today. Oh. My. God.

The timer reaches zero! :eek:

****. Why did I read that? :(

Grandmaster said:
*kicks Sazar in the balls*

*realizes Sazar doesn't have any*

Oh they're still there. They're just so gargantuan, you mistook them for beachballs. It's ok, mistake happens often enough :smoker:

muzikool said:
...or after a month under conditions that give them the opportunity to completely change who they are. Every person on that island has a chance to redefine who they are -- to leave the past behind and create a new life for themselves. I think this is one of the greater questions of the series -- who will take this unique opportunity to change?

But it isn't quite that simple for one reason. One can not completely leave themself behind, nor can one escape one's own presence. The circumstances can change, the people one is associated might change, they might not even know; but when the day is done, one is still there. It is quite impossible for someone to go somewhere, and yet not be where they themself, happen to be. Also, the past has a way of catching up to one, eventually...

People can change, but it's a process, and by no means instantanious. Self transformation doesn't occur in the twinkling of the eye. And even going by the series itself;
look at what Sied had to go through along the way. No where did it depict that he, or some other just changed at the twinkling of the eye. Far from it, after having tortured Sawyer, he ran away. He did so for a reason; and very much was he left having to face his past as part of the Republican Gaurd.

They're on the island yes, and they have left their daily lives behind yes, but they're still the same people under that skin of theirs... And if people were to change too rapidly (think of someone with split personality disorder, for instance), would they really be themself... Even during life transforming events, there needs to be a certain thread of identity if you will, a certain self awareness that's maintained at all times, some sense of I am me, for a person to avoid losing themself in the process...

In the end, if one were to be realistic about it, and of course in my view; before one can really do away with such a past, they have to face and come to grips with their own darker nature, which both helped to precipitate that past, no less then it was a product of that past. Someone who's been through what Echo, or Sied, or others on the show have been through, would never be able to move beyond it, by simply "running from their past", which is perhaps something Kate has yet to learn. Only when one has faced such a past as well as their own past self, perhaps having dealt with/overcome their own darker nature, can they be ready to move beyond that past. Even if life changing events were to transform one's life, it doesn't mean that, well "the old self" is no longer there, and in their own mind, or that such a past won't crop up again, given time.

It's a process that can take time, because in part it entails a certain confrontation with one's self, as well as matters which are both unpleasant/painful, and perhaps aspects of one's self which the person doesn't like all too much... And in this show, such was the case for certain characters; who left the group, to be by themself, for this very reason.

Last edited:
hehe

/me thinks Sazar likes saying the whole caste will be dead :D

Anyhow, my take, albeit of course I have no web links to back it up with, is this: There is no way the entire caste would be killed off, (he's no doubt joking anyhow :laugh: ) as long as the ratings for the show remain good.

My basis?

- The network who creates the show, being the business it is cares about 2 things. Ratings, and making money. As long as the show has high ratings, and can bring in advertising dollars, they'd shoot themselves in the foot by bringing the show to a pre-mature end.

Not to say it can't happen. Apperently, the network wanted to kill Quantum Leap many years ago, but was faced with fans to the show who just wouldn't go away :laugh: The respective network tried scheduling it against some of the most popular shows (like Rosane) on other networks, and the ratings would not go down. They tried moving it to the early morning hours to low the ratings; and no matter how hard they tried to kill the ratings, so they'd have an excuse to cancel the show, peeps kept watching it. In the end, they killed it anyway, much to the chagrin of many a viewer.

Nonetheless, high ratings are usually (albeit not always) indicative, that a show will remain around for some time...

- Killing all the characters, (or in the case of Lost, having them rescued), would be the equivallent of the nuclear option, for the show. Killing all the characters == killing the show...

Given that, the health of the show, and bringing in the advertising dollars their ratings can help entice, means that with a few exceptions, the bulk of the caste will remain alive :D That's my prediction for now...

Now however, if the audience does ever grow dis-interested, or the actors/producer up and quite and they can't find replacements, then a final "kill the characters off" finale might be conceived, just to give some sense of closure to the whole thing...

Another great episode...:up:INTENSE!!!!

when the counter went to zero, then the hieroglyphics began to roll in and then Locke punched in the code just before it could finish the reel. dam the whole bunker was flipping out , almost like a trasformation was beginning to happen..dam super...I was able to get a pic of the actual hieroglyphics on the counter if you want to see message me

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe they ALL died AGAIN :eek:

I can't take this anymore.

does anyone think that frog was the first victim of the timer hitting 0?

And does anyone think that whats her name is gonna find a shark in that dharma place :eek:

Oooh, the suspense.

Sazar said:
Wow, I can't believe they ALL died AGAIN :eek:

I can't take this anymore.

does anyone think that frog was the first victim of the timer hitting 0?

And does anyone think that whats her name is gonna find a shark in that dharma place :eek:

Oooh, the suspense.

Ya know, just earlier today, I was thinking of beating you to the punch and saying "they'll all die", just this afternoon... :D Course, now that I said it, posting this pre-emtively, say next week, probably wouldn't have the same effect anymore :laugh:

I hadn't caught the ep yet, well this week, but will d/l it as soon as it becomes available...

I AM NO LONGER GOING TO WATCH LOST

At least not for another month or two, when several episodes have passed following this one. Seriously, it's too much for me to bear as 45 minute episodes. I need at LEAST three non stop hours of lost, not 45 freaking minutes. Nick can't take the suspense of waiting until next wednesday to find out what's going to happen.

where do you guys get all this information and things.....i want frig!

Some things might be googled or something, but a lot just comes from watching the eps and following how the plot unfolds. IMO, with any show, the plot takes first presedent over any other info one might garner... I only say this, because with some shows I've seen viewers argue one way or another on something, only to have a specific plot detail that shows X.

Oh, and I don't mind so much a bit of a wait. That's why it's good to have a number of shows one's watching. In the time I'm waiting for a new ep of Lost, I can get a new ep of Stargate... Been able to get both of these shows and others, while waiting for a new ep to the new Doctor Who series. Keeps me with something I can watch in the interum, or when any of these shows goes into reruns for a time :)

Was that a photo of kate in the back of the truck when Sayed was being released?

Yup.

Very cool episode btw. :)

Did anyone see the look on Henry's face when Jack stopped Sayid from torturing him? He is obviously an Other.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back