lost XP pro disk

jordan1775

OSNN Newbie
I cannot find my XP pro disk...computer keeps asksing me to insert disk to update certain files...unable to download service pack 3...cannot fully use outlook....what can I do?

I found SP3 on the windows update site. I just cannot download without my missing disk.

SP3 hasn't been released for Windows XP. It won't be out until Vista.

Are you thinking of Office XP?

There are only 2 SP for XP PRO. The solution is to get a friend to burn you a copy of their disk onto a CD. This is perfectly legal since all the disks are the same. It is the liscence key that is what you are really buying.

If you have lost your key along with the disk you can read your key off of your system using a freeware download.

http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml

If you have no friends with XP Pro, then try the place you bought the computer from. MS will supply a CD replacement if you bought and registered a commercial version (for a fee, $25 I think).

EDIT

Oh, office XP. Same deal MS will sell a replacement disk for registered product. It will be a lot harder to find someone with a copy of Office but still the same applies. Just burn a copy of the same version you bought.

Jelly bean returns your offcie XP key also.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back