Lost whole partition

P

Paul_Don

ok last night i decieded to do a clean up on my comp
envolving adaware and anti virus scan disk the works.
my windows partition defragmented fine
my music hd defragmented fine
my maxtor 120 gig hard drive decided to die on me
this caused windows to run extremley slow so there fore i had to reinstal and for re installing i HAD to reformat the 120 as the windows partition was on the same physicle drive i chose quick format rather than the full whack.
i have now bin tryin to recover 100 gigs of data i have been sittin here for 2 hours clickin yes on runtimes getdataback program
this is quite annoyin as it was only at 8 bloody percent
i coudl see it was recovering files as it was goin. but i ask of someone if they could name some excellent file recovery programs where i dont have to sit there for like 20 hours clicking the mouse :)

To answer your question: there are a ton of great ones out there the best I know of costs alot of money.

I would like to recommend that you change how you use your HDD.
I Reccommend having at least 2 partitions on that drive. The first one being only the windows system incl. Swap file around 4-6 Gb of space the rest for your Applications, Games, and Music.

When your installing something you tell it to install in the D: drive instead of C:\Program Files\ Bla bla bla.

I've had similar problems with defrag on mine a trick is to delete the prefetch files or *.pf you can run a search to find these files and delete them. Talked about in this thread

or do what Hipster Doofus reccomends in this thread And almost every problem you have you'll easily recover from.

yeah i kept everything important on D:\ unfortunately it was that partition that went bye byes lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back