Lost to end after Season 6

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
The Emmy-winning adventure series will run for 48 more episodes over three seasons. Each season will consist of 16 episodes, which will air uninterrupted.

"Due to the unique nature of 'Lost,' we knew it would require an end date to keep the integrity and strength of the show consistent throughout and to give the audience the payoff they deserve," ABC Entertainment president Stephen McPherson said.

Lindelof said having the end point in sight was "incredibly liberating. Like we've been running a marathon and we actually know where the finish line is for the first time."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/07/television.lost.reut/index.html

I thought that 5 seasons would be a good point to end the series, but the 3 more seasons of 16 episodes is roughly the same number of episodes as 2 more season with 23. So it's all good.

I'm glad Lost won't be ruined by watering the story to make the show drag on forever.

Yes there must be ending. but 2010 is a long time.
patience I know. ...

Well it seems like the producers and the ABC execs ended up with a compromise - the producers not wanting the story to be watered down and the ABC execs wanting to milk as much as possible out of the series.

Ideally it should be over after Season 5...but this compromise works.

16 episodes/season is not nearly enough.. what is this, the UK!? (well really it should be 6)

:p

It should have ended last season, but whatever. As long as the story is good.

It was originally only supposed to last for one season! The unexpected scale of its success meant they couldn't resist tweaking the last half of the first series and expanding the storyline to fill more seasons.

2010 isn't that bad - look how long it's taken the Sopranos to get to series 6!

this means it will ba damn good, there are so may questions, they all better good..THEY WILL BE GOOD

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back