Lost the security tab!!!

oDin

xp m0nk3y
Today, I went to change the permissions on a folder i was gonna share accross my home network. Problem is I can't. The security tab is gone!!. I was using the Administrator account. And folder options -> view -> use simple folder options is unchecked.
example.jpg

anybody know how to get the security tab back???

thanks
oDin.

Wow odin, this is a nice trouble you have!
Microsoft says that the security tab is not available in these cases only:
1. File/folder is on a FAT volume
2. You are using XP Home (you don't)
3. You use simple file sharing (you don't)

I can't believe you are trying to set security on a FAT volume... aren't you?

SOURCE
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q308418

Nope, its not a FAT volume. Both of my drives are formated with NTFS.

thanks
oDin.

Open Windows Explorer,
goto the tools menu -> Folder Options,
Click the View Tab,
In the Advanced Settings Window, make sure use simple file sharing is UNchecked.

;)

Originally posted by oDin
Today, I went to change the permissions on a folder i was gonna share accross my home network. Problem is I can't. The security tab is gone!!. I was using the Administrator account. And folder options -> view -> use simple folder options is unchecked.
example.jpg

anybody know how to get the security tab back???

thanks
oDin.

he said it was in first post

Thats a brain buster for sure :confused:

could it maybe have something to do with services. a couple of weeks ago i disabled a bunch of services that i thought were unessasary(sp). anybody know what service controls that security tab???....and yes simple file shareing is unchecked

thanks
oDin.

lol

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
Well, looks like im the muppet now.

:eek:

Well I know its a step up the ladder for you but you will adjust to being a muppet just fine lol give it time ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back