Lost Password

johndsal

MCSE in the making
OK, serious question...I have lost the administrator password for my computer, is there any way that i can change the password to enter my computer. thanks in advance...johndsal.

go to user accounts click on your account and select "prevent forgotten password" from the right i think that should do it

The short answer is NO.

The long answer is NO

And the middle answer, well more of a question; "Know any hackers?"

There are ways you can hack it, but that's not something I can say here...

Check your PM's...

not sure if this will work, please no one shoot me, if this is bad please delete the post admin or mod.

Login as limited acount, guest etc.. then open notepad.exe found in start/all program files/accessories and type the following:

cd\
cd\windows\system32
mkdir temphack
copy taskmgr.exe temphack\taskmgr.exe
copy logon.scr temphack\logon.scr
del logon.scr
rename taskmgr.exe logon.scr
exit

and then save it as a .bat file, for example x.bat not .txt. Then double click on the files you just saved and it should execute some commands that should replace your screensaver with the task manager. Now logoff your limited acount and wait for 10 to 15 mins, without touching the mouse or keyboard and wait for the screensaver to come on, which shall be the task manager. When it appears click on New Task and in the box type in regedit. This should open up the registry editor. Now go to the hive HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and double click on AutoAdminLogon and set the value to 1 and click ok. Now refresh the registry and close it, and then restart the pc. Once the pc is restarted you should automatically logon as Administrator.
Now you must put your screensaver back to normal by opening notepad.exe and by typing the following:

cd\Windows\system32
del logon.scr
cd\Windows\system32\temphack
copy logon.scr C:\Windows\system32
copy taskmgr.exe C:\Windows\system32
exit

Now save it as restore.bat and execute it. And it should restore your screensaver.

I've used a product called ERD Commander produced by Winternals. This is a proper Disaster Recovery program. You boot from the disk. When the Command Prompt appears, one of the features is the ability to change any password on the machine including the Administrator password.

I've just checked their website and it looks like they are now doing a free version. You can find this here: Winternals

Hopefully this will help.

[Edit] Sorry, doesn't look like it's free after all. But I know that this does work as I've used it in the past. If you have physical access to a Windows machine, it isn't secure with this product. [End Edit]

ull have to hack the sam file, go to thebroken.org download their videos and u can learn how

themafia.69 said:
ull have to hack the sam file, go to thebroken.org download their videos and u can learn how

I sent him a link about that... I guess it's legit to talk about it here as long as you don't use it to actually "hack" somwehere... right! ... right? :twisted: :bandit:

I mean, it's just like police scanners... right?

I have used ERD Commander. Very powerful tool.
Interesting method of circumventing the administrator password, whether it works or not I don't know -- have heard similar methods.

john what method worked for you?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back