lost my prefetch folder

R

rj2

i have no clue how this has happened.my C:\Windows\Prefetch
folder is gone.can you extract that folder out of the i386 folder.
my comp is running fine otherwise.any suggestions

See if Task Scheduler in Services is enabled. You need this for Prefetch to function.

thnx for reply.i did enable task scheduler in services.is it possible when i installed sp1 it did something to the folder?.after sp1 i ran bootvis.exe as the service pack slowed down boot time quite a bit.

Yes, some people have reported the Prefetch folder disappearing after installing SP1 - not sure how or why.

Try creating a folder named Prefetch in the Windows folder, run BootVis, and see if the folder "fills up". Make the folder "read only". Please come back and let us know what happens.

i did what you suggested allan.i made a new prefetch folder in
C\windows-read only.i ran bootvis.
i looked in the preftch folder after bootvis ran.it did fill up with some entries.thank you very much for the help

What exactly is bootvis? does it make your computer boot faster?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back