Lost keys...

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
So yeah I lost the keys to unlock my door/open my trunk.

I haven't locked my car all weekend or all of today cause of it.

So I was wondering is there a way I can get a new key made without having to change all the locks?

Like call the dealership or a locksmith or something?

Tittles, you have such tough luck. I would call the dealership. They should be able to get a new one for you.

Do you know when or where you lost the keys? (or what you were doing? :p )

tittles..back track, or wait til spring:suprised: ..sorry dude

Aprox said:
Do you know when or where you lost the keys? (or what you were doing? :p )

Well I was at my buddys two track where we had a lil shindig with just us guys and I think I left the key in my trunk and I can only open the trunk by using that key since there is no trunk release for my car lol.

I can take my back seats out and see but its to cold out. I might try it tho tonight and if not just give the dealership a call at lunch tomorrow.

Were you drinking again (when you lost the key)?

Yeah, what madmatt said :)

If you were, then the only solution is to get crunked again... and try to find them while you in that state of mind :D

madmatt said:
Were you drinking again (when you lost the key)?

Nope...I didn't drink much that night since I wasn't feeling it and I felt like doing something different besides drink like I always do.

I have a feeling when I took the key out of the hole when I opened the trunk I put it in the trunk as I adjusted my amp and when it was time to go I just hurried and closed my trunk.

To make it worse my battery died that night and it was out in the two tracks for 2 days since my hood release is broke and you gotta reach under the car to pop the hood. Luckly I am getting that fixed this week :laugh:

Aprox: If I were to do that it would be hard if they fell out where I was since its snowed a wee bit since friday night :dead:

I'm starting to get the feeling, "Only you, Tittles."

Yeah dude... well good luck. I hope you find them, rather than having to get a new set. Did you lose other keys too?

Aprox said:
Yeah dude... well good luck. I hope you find them, rather than having to get a new set. Did you lose other keys too?

Matt: I have got that alot.

My go kart crash

Burning my face

The whole drunk picture on myspace and how it got mentioned in the paper

and alot of other things I wont mention

I have became really popular because of the stupid stuff I have done that somehow always gets known lol

Aprox: I only lost that key because I took it off my key ring so I didnt have to turn my car off. I would of turned my car off if I had a regular key ring but it was a ****ty piece of wire for some reason.

there is a reason we love you tittles ( in that non gay way)... I hope you find them.. could allway hot wire the truck.. but probaly cheaper to just go and get new keys from the dealership

expect it to cost you about as 100 though.. so id look harder first.

Am I reading this right, or have you not tried taking your back seats out because it's too cold?

:p

Well, whether you might want to get the locks re-keyed or not probably depends where you would have lost them. If it was a far way away from home, so that anyone who picked them up, likely wouldn't be comming anywhere close to your vehicle, no biggie. If you were to live somewhere around Detroit, and there were several "chop shops" in close vacinity to your place of residence, you might :eek:

Anyhow, if it makes you feel any better, I lost one of the keys into my car (well I do have 2 pairs), but I know exactly how it happened. A long time back, after having locked the keys in the ol ignition, while going down to uni to study for finals, I had to call a lock smith to break me into the thing... Anyhow, they're expensive, and well finals week, after one's gone several days without sleep, been busting the books, etc, it can happen.

So, since that time, I put the spare key to my door/ignition in my wallet. All good and fine, and it did spare me a call or 2, but the key's head is also bulky with this big honken plastic piece about the top. The thing, well didn't want to stay in my wallet, but could easily slide outa the slot for it being so over-sized in thickness...

Well, one day, and without thinking, and it was well over a year, perhaps 1.5 years latter, I totally forgot what it was, and when it slid out that time thought I had an old key. I chucked the thing in the trash, and only the following day remembered what it was too :p Yeah, I know, silly of me, but what happened :eek:

Oh, and yes I have had some old keys that have remained around in the past, for things I no longer owned/didn't even remember what they belonged to if anyone's wondering...

Went to the dealership today!

Cost $30 to get the key made

It was actually $10 to make the key and $20 for something that had to do with my VIN number

All he did was type my VIN in and got a certain code and then the key was made in like 2 minutes.

So I opened my trunk to see if the key worked and if it did to see if my other key was in it. Luckly I didn't waste my time in the cold the other night because it was not in there.

Going to have another key or two made this week lol

Thanks for all the help guys!

+++++ coming hehe

glad to here it worked out. And glad the keys you had made were cheap.

VenomXt said:
glad to here it worked out. And glad the keys you had made were cheap.

I guess it was cheap lol

Cheaper then alot of people were telling me tho

I figured they would be able to help. Glad it worked out Tittles.

Tittles said:
I guess it was cheap lol

Cheaper then alot of people were telling me tho

Well, to give an idea, it was cheaper then it would cost a locksmith around here, to break in if the keys were locked in the car. Locksmiths want around $45 for lockout service, and it isn't just one company being more expensive then another... Though the prices can very somewhat, they all seem to be up around that much, at least around here...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back