lost 20 gigs?

M

Mr. Sushi

okay i have a 80 gig hd and i only have 20 gigs left. but i'm sure i'm only taking up 40 gigs. as i added up all my C drive folders? what could be taking up so much s pace?

try disk clean up... it can take alot of spaces!!
and do u use bootvis??

i dont use boot vis? and where can find disk clean up?

Other things that take up room are system restore, hibernation, recycle bin & there must be more.

Also a drive that is labelled 80 GB by the manufacturer, in reality only has about 74,5 GB. Harddrive makers count 1000b=1kb, Windows counts 1024b=1kb.

have a look at this

SequoiaView (freeware)

Ever wondered why your hard disk is full? Or what directory is taking up most of the space? When using conventional disk browsing tools, such as Windows Explorer, these questions may be hard to answer. With SequoiaView however, they can be answered almost immediately. SequoiaView uses a visualization technique called cushion treemaps to provide you with a single picture of the entire contents of your hard drive. You can use it to locate those large files that you haven't accessed in one year, or to quickly locate the largest picture files on your drive.

:cool:

Will SequoiaView report information about the SystemVolumeInformation folder which may be (at least partly) the problem here?
If you don't take special steps depending on Windows version and file system, Windows will deny access to this folder and will report its size as zero bytes although it may have several gigabytes.

Originally posted by yoyo
Will SequoiaView report information about the SystemVolumeInformation folder which may be (at least partly) the problem here?
If you don't take special steps depending on Windows version and file system, Windows will deny access to this folder and will report its size as zero bytes although it may have several gigabytes.

yes it does > theres absolutely nothing it cant see

although you could still have the access problem > every file is revealed

:cool:

Originally posted by Mr. Sushi
i dont use boot vis? and where can find disk clean up?

disk clean up ....... right click on C: go to properties .. disk cleanup is there click on that ... check off all the file types

( me I dont clean out the first one ( downloaded program files ) I dont want to have to reinstall yahoo games and msn chat control everytime I want to use them )

on the top look in the more options tab

then the last one on the botton clean up old system restore points << this takes up a lot of space

okay hmm... this sequoia thing is pretty neat. but something doesnt make sense. it shows my freespace is is about 25 gigs. but the directory is 50 some gigs and its percent is like 40!. and i have a 76 gig hd. these numbers dont make sense to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back