Lossless animated gifs?

BlackScarletLove

I am trying to make a large size (425x597px) animated gif from a high-detail photograph using adobe imageready, but no matter what settings I use, it still comes out as horribly lossy. I just want the 'optimized' result to look as good as the 'original', but for some reason even if the 'optimized' isn't optimal, I have to save it as that.

Does anyone know a program that will allow me to achieve high-quality lossless animated gifs?

=) Thanks.

You'll never get a "lossless" version if you do any "optimizing" of the image. That "optimized" version is compressing the image and blending colors most likely.

You'll never get a "lossless" version if you do any "optimizing" of the image. That "optimized" version is compressing the image and blending colors most likely.

The problem is with ImageReady there is no way for me to save it without 'optimizing' it, even if I wanted to just save the animation with no compression. :cry:

I am trying to find a gif creator that will allow you to save with no compression, I suppose.

I think gifs have a maximum of 256 colors per frame, so no matter what you do you'll be losing some color quality.

Maybe this might be the solution you're looking for.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back