• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lossless animated gifs?

BlackScarletLove

I am trying to make a large size (425x597px) animated gif from a high-detail photograph using adobe imageready, but no matter what settings I use, it still comes out as horribly lossy. I just want the 'optimized' result to look as good as the 'original', but for some reason even if the 'optimized' isn't optimal, I have to save it as that.

Does anyone know a program that will allow me to achieve high-quality lossless animated gifs?

=) Thanks.

Xie

- geek -
You'll never get a "lossless" version if you do any "optimizing" of the image. That "optimized" version is compressing the image and blending colors most likely.

BlackScarletLove

You'll never get a "lossless" version if you do any "optimizing" of the image. That "optimized" version is compressing the image and blending colors most likely.

The problem is with ImageReady there is no way for me to save it without 'optimizing' it, even if I wanted to just save the animation with no compression. :cry:

I am trying to find a gif creator that will allow you to save with no compression, I suppose.

I think gifs have a maximum of 256 colors per frame, so no matter what you do you'll be losing some color quality.

Maybe this might be the solution you're looking for.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown