Loss of CDRW Drive

T

T. Jon Ellis

Loss of CD\RW Drive

After installing the software (Roxio) for my newly installed CD/RW (LG) I lost my Drive.

From Computer Management I get (!) symbol on the drive, From the General Tab I get' Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Using troubleshoot it shows Driver details as three driver files:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
C:\WINDOWS\System32\storprop.dll
File version 5.1.2600.0 (XPClient010817-1148)

What has gone wrong, how do I overcome the problem?

Do a system restore to before you installed that crap, and find alternative burning software.

*sigh* why does everyone use ez Cd creator! there is so many problems it's ridiculous..all my friends use it, have problems and still refuse to use nero! maybe someday...someday :)

ok this is like beating an old horse with the roxio I use it for direct cd and nero for iso burns, and the such, and clonecd for cd copies...but here we go again....
1. load the current aspi drivers...reboot
2. download the 'D" update and the xp compatibility patch...load v5.0 like any other prog DO NOT REBOOT!!!!!!
3. install the the update (D) update is the most current...DO NOT REBOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. install the xp patch then reboot...
5. enjoy the software that will now work:D

FYI anytime they come out with a update...install the update,again DO NOT REBOOT!!!!!!!!!!!! then install the xp patch then reboot. ENJOY once more...

their update site give the instructions there also but for those people that read cliffnotes this should be fine.

but again if you want software that works use nero.:D

The fact that you should even have to go through that Bs is ridiculous! Roxio should do a complete re-write and release a version that works off the bat...but thats just my opinion =o)

Getting a consistent vibe here T. Jon Ellis? EZ CD will work, but you have to install it just so and the absolutely 'correct' version. You can go to www.roxio.com and follow their step-by-step instructions. I'm not going to say for sure, but if you have a legitimate copy of EZ CD, then I think you're entitled to a free upgrade... I don't know for sure, I gave up on roxio a while back.

Roxio still makes prodcucts?? I thought they were banned!! LoL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back