• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Looking to Firmware flash in WinXP...but app wants DOS !!

P

Phantom_24

OK....here's the scoop !!

Loking to upgrade my friends firmware on a CD-RW that came with his HP system. The drive is marked as a Mitsumi CR-48x5te, while on Mitsumi's web site I only found a drive listed as CR-4805TE. I'm betting that this is the same drive, now here's the problem. The firmware app is calling for a true DOS window, not a DOS prompt. How do we go about doing this in WinXP...if its even possible ?!?!

D

dejav00

Get a Windows 98 Start-up disk, put the files you need on the disk, boot to the disk. Run the program. Take disk out, reboot, hope you were right in your assumption. :D

C

CANNONBALL

Request to PHANTOM 24

Hi Phantom
Sorry that I can not help personally but on the advice of other XP-erience members I to am likely to encounter a simmilar problem when I attempt a clean install of XP PRO following a series of prblems arising from choosing to merly upgrade thus it would be greatly appreciated if You would contact Me as and when You find the solution.:)

P

Phantom_24

Cool !!

Thanx guys for the tips !! Though it looks like he's doing the alternate/smart thing and going for a Sony drive. We'll just see what we can do with the HP drive.....told him he could use it for a server.....hehehehe.

Maybe it will ACTUALLY work on a non-HP mobo !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies