Looking to buy a new computer.

might not handle it at the highest settings but should be able to play it

Here is this computer as well

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8540867&type=product&id=1188559784848

It is a gateway so I don't know. which one would be better to get? I'm going to get one and upgrade the video card to a 8800 gtx or a gts. Does either computer support the sli 2 video card options? I'm so stupid on the info. I can build the computers but I know nothing about the actual info on things. also, would I need to buy a better power supply for the updated video cards?

Be very cautious buying any inexpensive off the shelf computer for gaming. The video WILL be inadequate which means an upgrade. An upgarde to ab 8800 GT class video card means a replacement power supply for the compute rthat will set you back and extra $100 plus the card which is going for around $275 right now. You may also have to add extra case cooling. The 8800 GT 512 is a 165W card at max load.

The power supply should be 550W with 2, +12V @ 18A outputs.

Any suggestions on where I should buy a computer? I want it to be 1,000 to 1,500.

I also have another question. I don't understand. ok my first computer is :
P4 3ghz
2gb ram
radeon 1950 pro 256mb
The card was ok. Nothing great but it ran ok.

The 2nd computer I have is :
amd athlon 64 3500+
1gb ram
radeon 1650 512mb

My fiancee has the 2nd computer and JUST got into playing team fortress 2. She didn't mess with any settings and I noticed she was getting alot higher fps than me. while mine is set to medium settings. Every game she was getting great FPS. She would get 30 fps while I was getting 19. I thought computer one was the better computer. I wanted to do a test so we switched out video cards and this video card is working better on this computer. Why is the lower end video card working better than the 1950?

I do notice the x1950 needs a 450 watt power supply or greater. I have a 500 watt. Is that good enough? Also, could the x1650 be doing better cause it has 512? When I use the x1650 the defaults for source games is high. When I use the x1950 the defaults are medium. I thought the x1950 was the better card. Thank you all for helping me and giving me the info I need.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back