Looking out for others

lancer said:
well thats the response i expected.

well this wasn't a uno en uno thread, but it all illustrates my point.
Right.You do your thing,I'll do mine

Evil Marge said:
I agree with that,did it last week when there was a guy pestering the old man next door :mad:
Very commendable! /me gives Marge a pat on the back (side :D ). I'm sure you know people that wouldn't even do that, tho? I know I do. Sad. :(

Yeah,only takes a few minutes of your time :rolleyes:
Keep of my backside you :p

lancer said:
In response to benny.

This is totally true happened in Croydon, UK

I once stopped a girl from being kidnapped by two guys posing as undercover police, the police turned up and did not know who these people where (one instance)

I've stopped people being mugged in putney, where knifes where involved

Given my home over to a homeless couple to get them on their feet (before i was married).

So i think i can safely say i am not in the majority here.
That is awsome (no bull****, realy is). But your one of a million, if not more.

I have and always will get involved when something is very wrong. But it depends on th epeople and what I think the situation is and could be.

When I lived with my parents the neighbour would scream at his kids and beat them. I kicked the crap out of him once, got him arrested a few times. Finally he was thrown in lockdown for awhile, my cousin who was living with us at that time called the cops and he hit her when she tried to pull him off one of his kids. She testified against him and he was gone for almost a year, when he came back he was a changed person.

He even came down and apologised to everone.

One day I might get hurt trying to help, but to make the world a better place? It would still be worth it.

Been there before,we called the Police and Social Services.Guy was a moron :mad:

Evil Marge said:
Been there before,we called the Police and Social Services.Guy was a moron :mad:
Seems like Social Services in the States only takes on the easy cases. I've seen and reported a lot of less than cut-and-dry abuse/neglect cases when I was involved with Jr. Football and most of the time nothing was done.

The Seneca (american indians) had a saying about crime or a problem.

If you see and do nothing you are just as guilty.

My other peoples have or had the same thought. What if that person that wasn't being helped was your wife-husband-father-mother ? You would say "There were many other peole around why didn't anyone help!" but yet you say you wouldn't help a stranger. What is the difference?

Too many people think only about themselves.

Benny said:
That is awsome (no bull****, realy is). But your one of a million, if not more.
thanks benny that's nice of you to say, but you know even as evil as Evil Marge purports to be i think she's all heart inside :p .

Well I know in england a law is being discussed and may already be passed that bystanders that could have done something to prevent a crime taking place, will now be charged with an offence and about time to, I absolutly garuntee you that if (i know my spelling sucks) everybody stepped in all the time there would at least be no street crime at all.

Oh yeah Evil Marge you and your new boo need to get a room, gets could be reading this!:D :D

Steevo said:
The Seneca (american indians) had a saying about crime or a problem.

If you see and do nothing you are just as guilty.

My other peoples have or had the same thought. What if that person that wasn't being helped was your wife-husband-father-mother ? You would say "There were many other peole around why didn't anyone help!" but yet you say you wouldn't help a stranger. What is the difference?

Too many people think only about themselves.
As I said earlier ,I WILL NOT put my life on the line for anyone apart from my family but I also should have said that I will not hesitate to call the police and have done so many times.

yeah had problems like this before when trying to help people, but doesnt bother me cuz i know that i love them and they love me, recently i got in a fight with one of my best girlfriends (just friend) and i felt really bad, and it felt great when we made up. haha i think we should fight more often

Can I ask a question?? Say there's a fight in the street or someone is being attacked do you honestly think that I ,a 4' 9" woman , is safe to go and try to help and do you think that I could stop it happening???? I doubt that very much.

Evil Marge said:
...do you think that I could stop it happening???? I doubt that very much.
actually I think your physique qould be very telling in the opposite way - I honestly believe people would react - stand back a bit - and think about what was happenning! Of course many things would depend, but IMHO your stature would count FOR your position, so to speak...

Evil Marge said:
Can I ask a question?? Say there's a fight in the street or someone is being attacked do you honestly think that I ,a 4' 9" woman , is safe to go and try to help and do you think that I could stop it happening???? I doubt that very much.
no being so small would probably maybe go against you, so you are off the hook, but what if it was two 4 yr old kids marge! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back