Looking for...

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
An animation (gif) image of the moving blocks you see beneath the Windows XP logo in the boot screen. Thanks ;) (it doesn't matter of it's the blue or green version)

with bootxp you can get the image of the blocks, then you can let it move by adding animation to it...

OK, I extracted it, but when I open it, I see a black block, no colors at all. Why is this?

you can try to make it ble/green, by playing with the rgb channels maybe...

ok you need to view it in an animation program like ImageReady. In anything else it only shows a static image. Neither MS Paint or PSP handle frames. I think there is an animation program that comes with PSP but i dont know what its called.

Alright. I opened it up in Animation Shop 3 (what the program is called), but still, a static black image. After close examination, this image should not be the complete progress bar, but only the 3 blue (XP Pro) squares that move sideways in a white outlined field. When I extracted it in BootXP, it extracted it as a BMP file. When I rename it to gif or png the file still comes out black.

upload the original image... I can not follow what you are doing.

ok... *.bmp's are not animations... you need to upload a *.gif or other image type that does animation.

Well, that's the problem. BootXP (the program I used for extraction of the bootfiles) only extracts the images as a BMP. As I said in my earlier post, it seems that the progress bar consists of 2 images, a background and the three little dots that move sideways. When I open the file with the three little dots, I get a black image, with the correct dimensions.

better late then never...the reason you get a black box instead of the image is because the XP bootscreen uses a non-standard palette that PSP and PS do not ship with. You can download them somewhere on the net

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back