Looking for some feedback on an idea

cgoldie2

OSNN Newbie
My name is Christian and i am a young man from eastern Canada. I have been playing with the idea of starting an online computer reseller business and have been thinking of ways to diversify myself and my ideas from the numerous ones that are already on the internet.

I am an avid PC modder and i love to play around with windows & my mac to get that personal feel, making my pc mine and no one elses. Because of these hobbies i frequent sites like NeoWin, Belchfire, Mess.be and others. I have noticed that many of these sites offer news, reviews, downloads and more, but none directly sell products.

I wanted to post this topic to see if anyone would enbrace of more of a all - in - one site where people can interact with forums and chats, upload/download themes and software, and purchase custom PCs, componets and more. The site would have a down to earth feel and optimize instant messenging technologies to provide instant customer service. Also, some type of affiliate program is in the works where people can offer to become featured collumsts and receive discounts at the store.

The site would offer much, but stay focused on the PC enthusiast user as not to become bloated with non relavent information.

Any feedback, good or bad, or suggestions, comments, hints, or anything else would be awesome.

Thanks

Christian Goldie
cgoldie@rogers.com
christian_goldie@hotmail.com

Please email, or reply on this forum.
:)

Hi Christian - nice idea but, I hate to say, not quite original!

perhaps the original part might be in your idea of Instant Messenger "optimised service". I hate to say this, but I really do not think that would fly. There are a good number of sites out there (I am more familiar with UK ones being over here) and there is a good reason they restrict the level of immediate reaction down to email and (maybe) forums, the staff are the organisations most precious resource (alongside their reputation) and the satff's time has to be maximised and organised, so there is no space for this IM sort of interaction.

But - hey - welcome to OSNN! You will get a ton of positive feedback too, and if you are able to flesh out your ideas and get things moving I am sure you have tapped a potential source of a few customers too!

thanks for the input.

can you give me an example of a site like this in the UK, so i may better formulate my ideas?

Thanks

Christian

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back