Looking for opinions

Yes it has always been this way...but...I only have the Creative drivers installed...didnt install all the other stuff...could be the reason...

CMSS only upmix's when its a 2.1 or 4 channel sound, if it's 5.1 or dolby surround / EAX3+ etc the CMSS auto cuts out.

in games my mp3's cut to the front speakers as the creative driver picks up the 5.1 signal.

so will installing PlayCenter and enabling CMSS gimme my center speaker or what?

Yes, sound will come out, but it won't be the center channel.

ok...I installed PlayCenter...but for the life of my I can't find where to turn on CMSS

right click the creative speaker button and open the eax console, the pic says the rest.
eax.jpg

Welp...my Audigy 2 has shipped and should be here Monday...the machine it is going in currently has a Live! 5.1 in it...should I totally remove the current drivers and software before I install the Audigy?

i talked to a friend of mine who has an audigy and 5.1 speakers and he said you choose the speaker configuration during the installation of the software and drivers...just like with the Live! card

i use 5.1 speakers on mine. and the setup during install is not a fixed setting, its changable after.

My advice would be to spend all the money on the speakers and not the sound card. The Fortissimo III is good enough and it’s cheap, but it’s the quality of the speakers that make the difference to what you actually hear. The minimum quality speakers that I would recommend start at about $150 for the Altec Lancing basic stereo and sub-woofer system. Some of the new JBL (computer) speaker systems coming onto the market are not bad either but as with everything else you get what you pay for. Speaker cabinet design reached (mathematically) its design high point in the late 1950’s with speaker design in the late 1980’s. All that’s happened since are trade off’s between efficiency, cost and design. Nothing new has happened in this field for a long time. What happened to the “electrostatic” flat speakers of the 1960’s?

:) :) :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back