Looking for NAS recommendations...

Stormweaver

OSNN Junior Addict
I'd like to buy a network attached storage drive for my home and spend no more than $350. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

The WD drive costs around $800.

I was looking at Buffalo LinkStation Live drives. 500 GB or 750 GB.

I've been happy with my "Bring your own disk" style Synology NAS

The WD drive costs around $800.

I was looking at Buffalo LinkStation Live drives. 500 GB or 750 GB.

Costco Canada has the 1TB version of the WD drive for $379. I believe the drives are in face upgradeable.

I've been happy with my "Bring your own disk" style Synology NAS

And what hardware do you use? I was thinking the same thing, BYOD :p

I have a Linksys NSLU2. It works OK but the customerservice/productsupport of Linksys isn't that great. Hasn't been an official firmware upgrade from them in years (07/06/2005) ...

The NSLU stuff it pretty good if you start getting into all the third-party firmwares and so on.

I second the MyBook World Ed. They are pretty sweet, I have a 500gb one which cost me less than 200USD. The only thing with the WD's you have to make sure you get a fanless one, a quick Google search says there are two types and the one with the fan is loud as hell :)

The NSLU stuff it pretty good if you start getting into all the third-party firmwares and so on.

I would like to try this third-party firmware but I have little experience with linux... don't want to mess up my NSLU2

How do you like Buffalo / LS-500GL / LinkStation Pro / 500GB / Gigabit Network Attached Storage, you can find it in the tigerdirect .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back