• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Looking for help

Karen Lardi

OSNN One Post Wonder
Don't know if I am in thr right place to receive help with my computer, bu there goes.

I am having a problem with system idle process. It is taking up 98-100% of the cpu ussage. I have run a registry fix, spyware scan, defrag, ect...nothing has had an effect on the problem. What am I mssing???!!!

Regards,
Karen

Karen Lardi

OSNN One Post Wonder
Thanks for your reply. Only problem is this is affecting the performance. Also receiveng lots of fatal errors, and applications just not working until the cpu stops peaking at 100%.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Impossible. That process isn't really consuming any processing power; it's where Windows puts the idle usage.

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
i cant remember where i got this from or if i wrote it, but it works on my pc to get rid of all useless background tasks, i use it before doing processing.

Attachments

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
i wonder if he/she has picked up a piece of malware that kicks off a process named "system Idle"

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
*off topicish

Once in awhile there comes along a question that I can answer, and well you guys take away my fun. DANG

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test