Looking for Best Ram Tweak Program

W

WishMaster

I'm looking for the best program to optimize my Ram. I have windows XP Pro and 640 MB Ram. I would like some opinions on the programs available out there. I have herd of mem turbo 2.1, mem optimizer, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA.

Just get Clearmem by microsoft

and rememeber any ram program is pretty much useless all they do is clear out unused datasets which ends up slowing everything down (but it frees ram) and then your ram just ends up back where it was when the datasets end up getting reloaded.

but the best program is definitely Clearmem...it was made by Ms specifically for NT/XP systems.

Tried it. Couldn't get it to work for win XP Pro. Any other programs?

How did it not work...error message or just didnt free up any memory?

couldn't even install it. i tried but it didn't work.

Originally posted by WishMaster
couldn't even install it. i tried but it didn't work.

I had the same problem, I downloaded it, and it just sits there in C:\WINDOWS doing nothing, when I click on it nothing happens. I gave up in the end.

Eve:D

XP manages ram very well on its own and as Qumahlin points out, most memory managers are either worthless or counter-productive in this environment.

So what you are saying Allan is that XP is ok. We do not need a third party software. Is that your opion or you know for a fact. The reason is because I want to have enough Ram utilization and I always want my system to be in good shape and sisnce I'm a newbie, I just want to have a quick system. I really appreciate your response and help. TIA

Thanks Ves007. I'm going to download it and try it out. Thanks

Clearmem does work (in xp home or pro).

Assuming you extracted it so that the file clearmem.exe sits in your C:\ drive (not in any folder in c), then just go to start>run and type in C:\CLEARMEM.EXE hit OK and a dos window will open up and you can watch clearmem do its thing. It isn't a program like ramidle that monitors ram (you really don't need anything like that - maybe if you only had like 128 mb ram, in which case its just going to show that you only have like 6 mb free anyway), clearmem just gets old crap thats been occupying ram out of it when you tell the program to.
Hope that helped.

every single expert that I have ever seen log in on ram programs for xp say that they are counter productive for this os...allan is quite an expert, and if he says something that's his opinion, he lets you know it's his opinion, take his advise on this...now if you want to manage your cache, some ram programs do tha for you, such as cacheman

Uce Cacheman, It optimizes your ram and your disk cache.

I'm trying out ram idle pro. So far so good. I will keep you updated.

Another one is caught

Nice. Hope it will work for ya in a long run.

I use O&O Clever Cache... Why?!? Donno... I started using it on my old Win2k system When ram was expensive... Win2kADS, Pro not so much, and Xp do a very good job managing memory... With that much ram I would just let Xp do its thing... My server only has 386megs but my WS has 768... Now that I think about it I'm gonna unistall it from the WS...

note: after getting ready to unistall I noticed I was wrong, See that Jewelzz, Clever Cache HAS a memory manager BUT it is a File Cache manager...

I have been using a program called XP Customizer which comes with a very good Ram Idle program,as well as other useful utilities such as an add remove prog that will get rid of progs that the normal XP version wont and others.
I have also found a good utility called Motherboard Monitor,which gives me all my fan speeds and temps of cpu,ambient p/s etc.
I can recommend them both,i have been using them for some time now and i can assure you that if they used up too many resources,i wouldn`t.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back