Looking for best/easiest fax software

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
My friend has an epson all in one printer and use dial-up to internet. She is looking for a way to fax documents/pictures to her friends.

Any suggestions?

I am confused - when you say all in one you do not mean a printer with a fax built in then? That would be my first assumption from the phrase "all in one" but in this case would make a mockery of the question.

So do you mean it is a printer with built in scanner? If you can scan a document I believe there is software that will enable facsimile transmitions to be "emulated" and maybe the best first stop would be to see what was shipped with the printer or visit the Epson web site. Maybe others out there know something about Epsons - myself I have only used HP gear, and the all in one PSC unit I had could fax in it's own right. But I am sure I have seen software to address this.

Confirm I have got question right and maybe someone will recommend some for you.

On XP I believe you would just need to install the FAX service.

In Add/Remove programs click on Add/Remove Windows Components.

Select the Fax Services check box, and then follow the instructions on your screen to complete the install.

After Fax is installed you can open it by going to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Communications, and then click Fax Console.

Have her check the software package that came with the device.

With my Brother scanner/printer all you have to do is click the device in Explorer, click PC Fax on the pop up menu and then click send. It will scan the item and send it over the PC's modem after prompting you for a phone number.

Option 2 is to use the winodws fax service like Zombie said.

I've tried a bunch of different fax programs over the years and they all had an offensively steep learning curve.

Amm... Winfax? Played around with it some years ago and it had lots of features, even then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back