Looking for another case fan

Eck

.user
After only about a year of constant use, my Thermaltake Smart Case Fan II has apparently went out. Now, I need (want) a new case fan. I'm looking for some recommendations on an 80 or 90mm case fan. It should be fairly quiet (don't want to hear it over my already waayyy loud GeForce FX 5900), and have a good cfm rating. I can't really get one that auto adjusts itself according to how hot the cpu is since there's nowhere to put the sensor on my new heatsink.

Any recommendations?

panoflo's quiter fans are nice or if you get a 92mm one.. try out zalman... the cfm may not be as great as a delta but they are pretty decent for silent fans

you say 80mm or 90mm (aka 92mm). your case will take either one? if so, be sure to get a 92mm fan. the bigger the better as you'll get less noise and move more air.

unless you have or are going for a super-quiet setup, i'd get a fan that moves more like 40cfm of air and will makes maybe 30db of noise (which is still very quiet).

vantec stealth fans are good i guess i got one for my computer. Its just for my Hard Drive though. My hard drive runs hot so i put a fan there for it. Anyway i like the fans you cant hear them at all at there max speed even with the cover off the case. all i can tell you about the air flow with them is that if you put your hand in front you can feel a good amount of air being pushed around, but i didnt need much since i already had 3 other fans.

Originally posted by taurus
unless you have or are going for a super-quiet setup, i'd get a fan that moves more like 40cfm of air and will makes maybe 30db of noise (which is still very quiet).

Well, I can't go for a super quiet setup since I've got this GeForce FX 5900. It's so freakin' loud. I just don't want to hear this fan over it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back