Looking for a way / util to do this....

K

klutzo

I've been looking all over for a nice little util, or a method of doing this.

For instance, let's say you have about a whole LIST of MP3's that you want to print out. Each mp3 is sorted by artist. In my case I have about 300 artists, and about 5 songs per each... roughly.

I want to have a nice printout of the directory, so that I know exactly what I have.

Don't really need it in any other format, but if the util will do that.. then dandy.

I've looked at things like SVG FolderPrinter Plus, and so forth.

Help!

Oh... having it print in columns will save on the trees, and ink. =>

mmmmmm

well with winamp you could make a playlist and open it in notepad or another text editor and send it to printer ....

Does this allow you to print out the Dirs as well?

Some of the naming conventions are really screwed up, and I don't want to go thru 1000 MP3s and edit them one by one. =>

I'd rather just print them out, under their dirs.... I've at least got those named correctly.

Load all your songs into Winamp and from the playlist hit Ctrl Alt G. That will open your playlist up in IE. Then just print it :D

make more than one playlist

just make a playlist for each dir :)

There are utils that will probably do it better, but: (I'll assume you are familiar with the command prompt)

D:\Music>dir /b /s /on *.mp3 > "%homedrive%%homepath%\desktop\music.txt"

That will make a list of all mp3's under D:\music as music.txt on your desktop.

You can always edit it further with something like UltraEdit if you need to.

It's a little more complicated if you have some silly filenames and want to do it from the ID3 tag.

Just found one called Karen's Directory Printer... close to what I'm looking for, but unfortunately it does not print in columns....

but pretty close.

Originally posted by insaNity
There are utils that will probably do it better, but: (I'll assume you are familiar with the command prompt)

D:\Music>dir /b /s /on *.mp3 > "%homedrive%%homepath%\desktop\music.txt"

That will make a list of all mp3's under D:\music as music.txt on your desktop.

You can always edit it further with something like UltraEdit if you need to.

It's a little more complicated if you have some silly filenames and want to do it from the ID3 tag.

Nice... i didnt know you could do that! Thanks!

:) or you can use >> to append to the file.

You could then always open the .txt file in word and format it with colums.

I think I might have found a better way. the TREE command is BACK!!! it was in dos then gone from 95/98, but it is in XP (and probably other versions of NT)

D:\Music>tree /a /f > "%homedrive%%homepath%\desktop\music.txt"

easier to read albums that way. :)

That kicks ass Insanity. Where/how did you learn all these dos commands?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back