Looking for a steering wheel...

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
I am in the market for a steering wheel and I want your opinion on which is the best. Money is not an object. I want one that works well, is easy to use, and accurate.

Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

Well i have found logitech's wheel to be ok but they all seem to have a severe over steer issue, so i switched to a usb controller with analog which to me works alot better.

What you are using now that you say works better than the Logitech.

I was actually looking at a Logitech model (retail $139).

i have the logitech momo racing wheel i used for nfs hp2 but it's has such FFB and over steer issues that i gave up and got a logitech dual action gamepad instead the wheel ws around 200.00 while the controller was only 20.00. Considering now that i play madden and NCAA FB 2004 on my pc the controller was a more logical choice. with being used to a Playstation 2 controller the layout is exactly the same so the ease of use is incredible.

if ur interested in buying the wheel let me know and we'll talk.

Thanks for the input.. and I will keep that in mind.

How accurate is it while steering the car? That seems to be the biggest hang-up about wheels that they turn the car too much even if you slightly turn the wheel. Know what I mean?

not at all i find this a very good wheel for steering, i have no problems on NFS underground, the new EA FI game, and sometimes when im playing dedicated loony in a jeep (medic) in battlefield 1942 i put the wheel on and use it there as well :)

i tried 1 of those thrustmaster wheels and had major oversteer issues :(

took it back and payed the extra for the sidewinder :)

Sounds good, I will list it as one of the better ones. Thank you.

i should quote a friend on this as well, he said.

after playing nfs udg on PS2 using the wheel advertised for GT2 (the official 1) he played on my pc, after about 30 seconds he commented on how realistic it was compared to driving a car. ;)

The best wheel I had for car accuracy was one built around the analogue sliders that are used to control joysticks (was also very cheap!!). Essentialy it was a joystick and windows configured it for games as a joystick. The replacement I got a very expensive digital edge model suffered all the symptoms of oversteer etc.. listed above.

I've been looking for a good alternative since then :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back