Looking for a QUIET USB Keyboard

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Anyone have a recommendation for a QUIET USB keyboard? I don't want wireless, I would prefer the color black, and I want it to be very, very quiet.

Most keyboards I have found that advertise as being quiet are wireless.

I think some of the really low profile ones are pretty quiet.

Belkin and kensington both make, or used to make some low profile (laptop style keys) keyboards with rubber keys that were darn quiet.

The low profile aluminium keyboards from Apple are silent.

I have this MS Reclusa, I really like the soft buttons, and the blue backlight.

Heeter

The foldup/waterproof ones are all perfectly silent and encased in rubber, but they're hard to type.

The MS Comfort Curve 2000 is one of those low-profile quiet keyboards. The media buttons on it are nice, too, because they can be identified by touch.

Yes, these are the laptop style keys, they work quite well. I think they have 1 or 2 USB ports too right?

2 non-powered USB ports. Yes they are laptop style keys, the same ones that are used on the MacBook (not the MacBook Pro). They are easy to type on and I absolutely love mine.

I just ordered the Comfort Curve 2000, amazingly cheap and seems to be exactly what I need.

The Dinovo was quickly discounted since it was not wired, but it does look sexy. A bit much cash too for a keyboard IMO, I don't need all the fluffy stuff. I just want something I can type with that's quiet, since I work really early or late sometimes and I want to be considerate of those who are sleeping :)

The Reclusa was kinda cool, but the Curve is almost $40 cheaper so I went with that. It's black, low profile, quiet and doesn't lack anything I need.

Just placed the order, as well as Logitech Z-2300 speakers. Quiet typing - LOUD speakers! :p

OK the comfort curve is out - just got my second one, sent both back individually because certain keys didn't work (e key the first time, d and windows key the second time)

Perhaps its time to try the Reclusa - I'll deal with this next week. I guess you get what you pay for :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back