looking for a program

a dreams forever

OSNN Addict
hey. i dont know if this is even a program but i am looking for a program that lets you record streaming music over the web. a program that lets you record whatever is going through your speakers? is there such thing as that? maybe? I am trying out for this band soon and I need to record their music to a cd but all their music on the web is streaming. can anyone help?

Audacity works nicely...free and open-source. :)
http://audacity.sf.net

After you install it, just change the input from Microphone to Stereo Mix (also known by other names like Wave Out Mix, depending on your soundcard):

audacity5pj.png

There are lots of programs to acheive this. Any program that can record the output of the soundcard will work (Audacity, Total Recorder, SOund Forge, Virtual audio recorder, et al).

Also, If you're recording streams, you might be better off capturing the stream directly to avoid "transcoding." I'm sure theere's plenty of people here that can suggest good stream rippers.

dreamliner77 said:
Also, If you're recording streams, you might be better off capturing the stream directly to avoid "transcoding." I'm sure theere's plenty of people here that can suggest good stream rippers.
That's a good point. :)
NetTransport can get MMS and RTSP streams, in addition to being a pretty good download manager.
http://www.xi-soft.com/default.htm

NetTRansport I believe can rip shoutcast too - dont quote me on that though.

A good alternative is StreamRipper (litterally) and RipCast (shoutcast only iirc)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back