looking for a program

• Thread starter mafiafromrussia
  • Start date
M

mafiafromrussia

is there any kind of freeware program that would load my cpu to about 80% of capacity?

Are you wanting to test your cooling or something?

There may be a program that loads your CPU for this purpose, but I don't know of it.

Video encoding uses a lot of CPU power though. You could try using something like TMPGEnc or FlaskMPEG to encode a video clip - this will keep your CPU pretty busy and large clips can take hours to encode if you select all the 'high quality' settings.

If you don't already have them, these programs (and some sample video clips) can be found at www.vcdhelp.com - go to the 'Tools' link on the left hand side.

' hope that helps,

play movies 24/7, that' way your processor will be burnt.

well i dont want to burn my pc or anything, and not really testing it. it's just when my computer is at about 80% load my download increases by 20bk/sec above my regular 94kb/sec . the way for me to do that is play some games live civ3 for example, but after a while it really gets too boring to play it. playing movie does not make much difference, and i though of video encoding but that takes too much processor speed and my download speed drops. so i want something that would keep it steady at 80% or so. and i'm not gona use it like that 24/7 i will let my computer cool off.

well converint or rendering or ripping or neything that has to do with video will Hard core put load on ur CPU.

It sounds like you might want to investigate your internet settings more than anything else. What are you using to download? IE? Download manager?

well i'm downloadin from sharing programs. edonkey,kazaa,aol. sometimes i use download accelerator plus to download the stuff.

if you use the United Devices Cancer thing then that will use all of your unneeded CPU cycles. That will get you to 100%, I am not sure how to limit it to using only 80% though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back