Looking for a good gfx card

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
I am currently using my onboard geforce4 with dual vga out and tv out, but its stealing some of my ram so im thinking of getting a nice 128MB AGP card. But i know nothing.
My shuttle case only uses a small compact 250W PSU, so it cant be too overly powerful. Also for my needs it really doesnt need to be greatly impressive. But i do want a dual output and tv-out (S-Video).
Anyone got some nice cheap recommendations?

well this is where the age old argument of Nvidia or ATi comes in. Really i would like something that will play games well, but as far as games go on the pc its only really GTA 1 / 2 / London Warcraft and Exile 3. So nothing major, the TV-Out is a neccessity as well as the dual VGA out.
with that 9600 i would need a dvi=>vga adaptor tho :rolleyes:

9600xt will be low power draw + decent gfx power...

if you want something higher end, a 9700/9800 series card from ati will do just fine for you (lower power draw than comparative nvidia cards and also smaller/more compact form factor)

you can get many which have dual vga or dvi/vga outputs as well as tv-out (s-video generally... thought some have breakout boxes)

the AIW 9600XT has a built in tv and FM tuner as well as dual vga and a small form factor...

I spose I should ask though... what is your budget?

well, atm i dont have a budget. I could splash out and get a amazingly speciall 256MB 8x AGP card... but i dont need it. The AIW looks good, the size will suite my SFF case too. I was looking for a tv-tuner card so this may be a good choice, to get them all in one :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back