Looking for a Diablo-Style rpg...

mcconnact

OSNN Newbie
I remeber playing a demo of a Diablo styled Rpg about a year or 2 ago except now i have forgotten its name x.x; sorry if im sounding a bit vague but i was just wondering if someone could help remind me of what the game was called,

it was had very good 3D grahics, (a bit better then dungeon siege 2)
You started off in a winter village, and it was an Rpg where NPC could join your team and assist you.

sorry again if this is a bit vague but if anyone has an idea of what game this might be it would be greatly appriciated :eek:

I've never played it myself but it could be Neverwinter Nights. It's one of the few semi-recent RPGs that I've not played. If not that, then I can't help I'm afraid.

no i think this game is called Icewind Dale. Thats exactly as it starts off although it is fairly old by now, so perhaps Neverwinter nights is it, but that game didn't start in the winter did it (that was a good game).

a few of my buddies are telling me that Guild Wars is what Diablo3 would look like if they had made one. its made by the guys that made Diablo1&2/Starcraft. Its pretty cool. check it out. Free online play with purchase of the 40-50 USD game.

i may have to revisit that game, it was pretty good, i liked the top down view.

lol hmm it wasnt neverwinter nights after all, because well the first part of the game, wasnt winter :D imagine that, oh well it was only a demo and ive done some serious looking around and couldnt find it, musta been disconitued or something, the grapgics were better then neverwinter nights...

NWN is full 3d, diablo is 2d sprites.

THe only diablo style games I can think of are

diablo, diablo2, sacred, divinity series, baldurs gate 1, 2, icewind dale, planescape torment.

These are all united in their isometric top-down view.

If you want diablo style game ply you are limited to diablo and sacred from that list.

If anyone knows of any others plug them in :D

dungeon siege was cool, I wish I had a bit of time to play the sequel.

Did you ever play the expansion Legends of Aranna? That was pretty cool at the time, I seem to remember. Though I don't recall finishing it strangely enough... :suprised:

I actually bought it, but again never had time to play it :(

dubstar said:
a few of my buddies are telling me that Guild Wars is what Diablo3 would look like if they had made one. its made by the guys that made Diablo1&2/Starcraft. Its pretty cool. check it out. Free online play with purchase of the 40-50 USD game.

what do you mean IF??
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Diablo-3-a-secret-revealed-1545.shtml

Blizzard has made no comment, but they have been heavily searching for programmers recently... if you look at the link closely you will see the Orchestra the man claimed to work for did make the sound tracks for Diablo II

Makes you wonder...

mcconnact said:
I remeber playing a demo of a Diablo styled Rpg about a year or 2 ago except now i have forgotten its name x.x; sorry if im sounding a bit vague but i was just wondering if someone could help remind me of what the game was called,

it was had very good 3D grahics, (a bit better then dungeon siege 2)
You started off in a winter village, and it was an Rpg where NPC could join your team and assist you.

sorry again if this is a bit vague but if anyone has an idea of what game this might be it would be greatly appriciated :eek:
he are some list of games lik Diablo

The myth of soma
Icewind
Dragon Raja

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back