looking for a case

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Ok...... right now i'm getting tired of my MGE Quantum case..... way too damn heavy, and the beep from the control center thing when there are fans not plugged in is getting very annoying. Looking for a nice, sleek looking case with good airflow, nice features, and above all..... LIGHT! don't want it to be too expensive either.... highest i think i'd be able to go is like $125-150. Anybody got any suggestions? Was really into the Antec P180..... till i found out it's like 36lbs.

I have the cavalier and would recommend the enxt model up - centurion - the whole front of the case is a filtered air inlet mesh and works fantastic atkeeping a system cool (we have 15 of them on our racks here as servers). You can carry them around under one arm with ease.

I am going to be getting a CM stacker or the CM staker 2, not sure which yet. They are very big cases and are very good with air flow. The CM stacker 2 isnt out yet so you might have to wait if you want to get it

The Stacker from Coolermaster looks like a beast in real life, fun to work/build with :)

I really like the look of Antec's P180, lots of cooling potential, and has gained a nice review from CustomPc. The current case i'm looking to get is Akasa's Eclipse-62, but I'm not sure how well its distributed overseas.

ElementalDragon said:
Ok...... right now i'm getting tired of my MGE Quantum case..... way too damn heavy, and the beep from the control center thing when there are fans not plugged in is getting very annoying. Looking for a nice, sleek looking case with good airflow, nice features, and above all..... LIGHT! don't want it to be too expensive either.... highest i think i'd be able to go is like $125-150. Anybody got any suggestions? Was really into the Antec P180..... till i found out it's like 36lbs.

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=77392

The Antec p160 is a nice case. Just make sure you don't force open the front panel, it is easy enough to pop off if you simply tug on the small handle at the bottom and THEN insert your drives.

Case weighs barely anything, extremely lightweight, great airflow and VERY quiet (about as loud as your secondary 120mm fan and psu fan really) and the little front panel connector with the usb and power switches, quite handy.

Main thing, its very very lightweight.

eeh..... don't really like the P160 that much. thx for pointing it out though, Sazar.

anybody know of any good ones though that have the same kinda style as the higher end Lian-Li cases? where the motherboard is mounted over the power supply and everything....?

Silverstone, the Temjin 6.

I recommend getting something with a removable motherboard tray. I can't live without one and I've only had it for a short while.

light.. pshh hehe go wioth the cm stacker great airflow with the right stuff inside you wont be able to hear anything. but its not that light.. you must move around alot

Take the sides off the Quantum and cut the wires to the beep thingy. Then send me half of what you saved by not buying a new case.

well, Lee..... i WOULD do that...... but.... there ARE no wires that go to the "beep thingy". i think the speaker it uses is actually inside the front panel of the case where it's not accessible. and it's not so much the beep that's annoying.... i rarely ever shut down my computer and power it back up to hear the beep that often. the thing that's getting annoying is that my case is now probably damn near the range of about 35-40lbs. not that fun to move around if you have to.

and i like the Temjin....... but...... price could be slightly less....

LordOfLA said:
I have the cavalier and would recommend the enxt model up - centurion - the whole front of the case is a filtered air inlet mesh and works fantastic atkeeping a system cool (we have 15 of them on our racks here as servers). You can carry them around under one arm with ease.

I was looking at both today again and the Centurian is nice, I just worry with the mesh front it'd be a little too loud for my purposes.

I wuoldnt know about noise :p the room they are in has 5 industrial air con plants blowing cold air into the room and the noise is deafining :D so all the servers are nice and quiet as far as I can tell.

Having said that they were fairly quiete when I powered them on after building them for a few seconds incase of wires conencted up wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back