Looking for 1GB USB HD

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
Any suggestions on where i can get hold of a 1GB portable USB HDD?

Many thanks!

I think the best thing would be just to buy a usb drive enclosure, and then a 1gb hdd second hand. Might be better to get a little faster and bigger hdd though.

if 1gb is all you're after, there are a couple different usb memory drives that are offered in that size. they won't be very cheap, though. i'll see if i can find a couple.

the bad thing about jumpy's idea is that you would have a large, heavier thing to transport, as well as a power adapter to plug in. if you find a memory drive, it will be the size of a large key, way more durable, and won't need any extra equipment. but, again, more expensive.

depends which way you wanna go.

Damn, I've had lots of bad ideas lately. :(
Just depends on your needs really.

like i said, if it's a money issue, then finding an older external usb harddrive for under $100 would be the way to go. those 1gb usb keys go for $300+, last i checked.

Its for when i go travelling..i plan to get a new digital camera and intend to take lots of pictures. I am now thinking that something smaller (256-512) would be more suitable. What about:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=47503

Is this good?

Thanks for all your help and suggestions about the storage.

Does anyone here have any tips for a great digital camera (£250 ish)?

Thanks again!

if you just want it to store images from your digital camera, just get a camera that uses removable flash memory. for instance, my olympus d-230 uses smartmedia cards. their about $30 a pop at 128mb each. other types of flash media come as big as 512mb or more. get a camera that uses the type you want.

i have an old in good shape seagate ide drive if u wanna buy it

You could always get an Iomega Jaz drive, with the old ones holding 1 GB and the new ones holding 2 GB. They were designed to be as fast as a hard drive.

Melon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back