Lookin to buy new hardware....

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Been a little while since i've gotten a new motherboard and CPU..... and i have a nice bit of money (plus a Newegg Preferred Account) now, so i figured i'd start lookin around. Here's what i've been lookin at.

Abit IP35 Pro
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127030

Core 2 Quad Q9300 (maybe)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115043

If the Q9450's become available again soon, i'm probably gonna get one of those for the 12MB L2 cache, instead of the 6MB the Q9300 has. And i'm probably getting a new CPU cooler for it too. thinkin about the Zalman CNPS9700 NT.

Even been thinking about just getting a Phenom X4 9850 BE now that my board supports them.

Anybody have any suggestions/comments?

First, I'd buy an Intel CPU because Intel has the performance advantage right now. I'd try to find a 9450 rather than buy a 9300.

The Zalman 9700 is a good cooler. I've had two of them (still have one). The 9700 wasn't up to a QX6700 @ 3.6GHz but it's doing the job on a Q6600 G0 @ 3.2GHz.

I don't have any Abit motherboards so I can't offer an opinion of your motherboard choice.

Just found the 9450 in stock at TigerDirect. Still not sure about the Abit board though.......

The Abit IP35 Pro is a nice mobo and i would just wait for the 9450 rather than the 9300.

well.... i already found the 9450 on Tiger. Question is.... should i order both the CPU and Abit board from Tiger, or should i order the CPU from Tiger, and the motherboard and possibly CPU fan from Newegg, where the board has a mail-in rebate, plus being $10 cheaper? Gonna wind up ordering from Tiger using BillMeLater i think.... and probably Preferred Account on Newegg if i go through both sites.

Just ordered the Q9450 from TigerDirect, and the IP35 Pro from Newegg. Was thinkin about getting a heatsink too, but i figured after spending $550 on hardware, a heatsink could wait till at LEAST my next paycheck (which is next week)... maybe a bit longer. besides, heard the 45nm chips stay quite cool, even with the stock heatsink, and even still if overclocked a bit.

Now i just gotta hope my current memory works just as well in the new board as it does in my current one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back