Longhorn?

Eagle710

OSNN Senior Addict
Has anyone used Windows LongHorgn yet???? im not sure when it comes out but curcious as to whether or not its good reply if u know anything. thanx

longhorn should be coming out i think in 2006 yea beta testers posted pics of it you could find them easly on google, and yea it should be better than xp but still windows can't wait to see they're new crash handler that keeps on popping up every other second i got the beta dvd but it didn't work on my machine

FishBoy said:
longhorn should be coming out i think in 2006 yea beta testers posted pics of it you could find them easly on google, and yea it should be better than xp but still windows can't wait to see they're new crash handler that keeps on popping up every other second i got the beta dvd but it didn't work on my machine
Beta testers? Beta DVD? Fish, you have a time-machine you're not telling us about? :D There's no beta yet. The last build we saw was a pre-alpha, and things have changed drastically since then.

Stay tuned for OSNN's coverage of WinHEC 2005 next week. We're getting a new build to play with. ;)

Far to premature to be asking such a question. Maybe once we get to RC stages we can form a better idea of how the o/s is going to turn out.

I can still a copy of longhorn in its current state.....maybe ill intsall it and see what its abll about.

Yes I have used longhorn 4074. Yes it was a waste of time. yes it was fun :D

Isn't 4074 ancient? (Relatively speaking, of course).

SPeedY_B said:
Isn't 4074 ancient? (Relatively speaking, of course).
Yeah, it was showcased at last year's WinHEC, and leaked on May 4th. I remember the date because it also happens to be my birthday. :D
So yeah, it's almost a full year old, and there have been major changes since then, as I mentioned earlier.

Thought so, think it was the build that I used, likely shortly after it's leak :)p) waiting to get my hands on the new builds though, shouldn't be long after they're handed out that they're "available" :p

NetRyder said:
Beta testers? Beta DVD? Fish, you have a time-machine you're not telling us about? :D There's no beta yet. The last build we saw was a pre-alpha, and things have changed drastically since then.

Stay tuned for OSNN's coverage of WinHEC 2005 next week. We're getting a new build to play with. ;)
lol i dont know what's it called yea i just called it beta and beta testers i meant those builds yea lol and those ppl who tests them :s lol

microbeta has torrents for longhorn if anyone wants to try it.

I am happy with XP Pro, if I change o.p.s. it will be to a Linux version.

Longhorn will never be put on my HD.

Lee said:
Longhorn will never be put on my HD.
Interesting that you've already made the decision without having a clue what it's going to end up like.
Sounds familiar. Didn't the same sort of thing happen during the Whistler betas too? :D

canadian_divx said:
EVIL EVIL it killed my hdd's
Sorry to hear that man. Alpha builds can do weird things. You should know better than to install it on a production machine.

do what i did put your media (songs, pictures, videos...) on one disk and try installing the alpha os on another disk that way nothing gets damaged

Longhorn is a Micro$oft product.

Do we really have to try it to know it will be crap?

Years late, major features dropped, probably cost twice as much...

NetRyder said:
Interesting that you've already made the decision without having a clue what it's going to end up like.
Sounds familiar. Didn't the same sort of thing happen during the Whistler betas too? :D

I was quite happy to stay with windows 98se, I bought a computer new from Tiny and it came preinstalled with winxp home.

I have had enough of paying a lot of money for M$ upgrades and software to keep it nealry secure and clean, so I won't be touching Longhorn.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back