• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Longhorn?

Eagle710

OSNN Senior Addict
Has anyone used Windows LongHorgn yet???? im not sure when it comes out but curcious as to whether or not its good reply if u know anything. thanx

longhorn should be coming out i think in 2006 yea beta testers posted pics of it you could find them easly on google, and yea it should be better than xp but still windows can't wait to see they're new crash handler that keeps on popping up every other second i got the beta dvd but it didn't work on my machine

FishBoy said:
longhorn should be coming out i think in 2006 yea beta testers posted pics of it you could find them easly on google, and yea it should be better than xp but still windows can't wait to see they're new crash handler that keeps on popping up every other second i got the beta dvd but it didn't work on my machine
Beta testers? Beta DVD? Fish, you have a time-machine you're not telling us about? :D There's no beta yet. The last build we saw was a pre-alpha, and things have changed drastically since then.

Stay tuned for OSNN's coverage of WinHEC 2005 next week. We're getting a new build to play with. ;)

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Far to premature to be asking such a question. Maybe once we get to RC stages we can form a better idea of how the o/s is going to turn out.

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
I can still a copy of longhorn in its current state.....maybe ill intsall it and see what its abll about.

SPeedY_B said:
Isn't 4074 ancient? (Relatively speaking, of course).
Yeah, it was showcased at last year's WinHEC, and leaked on May 4th. I remember the date because it also happens to be my birthday. :D
So yeah, it's almost a full year old, and there have been major changes since then, as I mentioned earlier.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Thought so, think it was the build that I used, likely shortly after it's leak :)p) waiting to get my hands on the new builds though, shouldn't be long after they're handed out that they're "available" :p

NetRyder said:
Beta testers? Beta DVD? Fish, you have a time-machine you're not telling us about? :D There's no beta yet. The last build we saw was a pre-alpha, and things have changed drastically since then.

Stay tuned for OSNN's coverage of WinHEC 2005 next week. We're getting a new build to play with. ;)
lol i dont know what's it called yea i just called it beta and beta testers i meant those builds yea lol and those ppl who tests them :s lol

L

Lee

microbeta has torrents for longhorn if anyone wants to try it.

I am happy with XP Pro, if I change o.p.s. it will be to a Linux version.

Longhorn will never be put on my HD.

Lee said:
Longhorn will never be put on my HD.
Interesting that you've already made the decision without having a clue what it's going to end up like.
Sounds familiar. Didn't the same sort of thing happen during the Whistler betas too? :D

do what i did put your media (songs, pictures, videos...) on one disk and try installing the alpha os on another disk that way nothing gets damaged

Longhorn is a Micro$oft product.

Do we really have to try it to know it will be crap?

Years late, major features dropped, probably cost twice as much...

L

Lee

NetRyder said:
Interesting that you've already made the decision without having a clue what it's going to end up like.
Sounds familiar. Didn't the same sort of thing happen during the Whistler betas too? :D
I was quite happy to stay with windows 98se, I bought a computer new from Tiny and it came preinstalled with winxp home.

I have had enough of paying a lot of money for M$ upgrades and software to keep it nealry secure and clean, so I won't be touching Longhorn.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar