Longhorn

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
It appears someone has decided to leak the setup.exe from longhorn (Build 3683) completely pointless but I thought i'd post anyway :D
here's a screenshot of it (running..not the file)

I'm not entirely sure why the setup.exe was leaked or what it proves, but we now have a longhorn thread to post in and of course for future use :p

that longhorn thing is just the AUTORUN, not the full setup, all it is is just eye candy, that's wut it was ment to be for...

Read that the other day, i think the winbeta video was the best preview we're going to get for now.
At least until it becomes an official external test release and everyone starts to flood out the screenies and details, it looks good anyway, From first look i'd say "oh its just like XP" but then i thought that nothing would ever make me change over from 2K to a new o/s and Microsoft proved me wrong, but its all a long way off from now, so we'll see :)

Auto run screen pic question?

hi, does anyone know where i could get hold of a copy of the bar program that is at the bottom of the screen above the start menu?

also where i could get a copy of the program that is on the right hand side aswell?

thanks, ZeNLoK!!

Sure thing.. the statbar is from www.statbar.nl
and the stuff on the right hand side was coded by me :)
check out this thread for instructions on how to make / start your own active desktop

P.s. Welcome to XP-erience :)

The Alpha code thats been leaked is buggy as hell, but its nice to have some thing else to play wiht :D ;)

yeah....i was going to install this weekend just to play around with it :)

If you have the iso you can make it bootable ... (try a google search for the guide :) )
Like NetRyder tho i'm going to wait for the beta, i could grab it on cd-r from a number of people who have it, and im sorely tempted, but knowing that the leaked version has actually been scrapped even before it was leaked put me off, I'll install it when its officialy released to beta testers (as i did with xp/whistler :D )

Yeah, it's currently just XP with IE 6.05 (buggy as hell), DX9, a new theme, and a sidebar.

WinFS doesn't work properly either ... so I think I'll wait till it comes closer to becoming a "new" OS.

i heard that all the screenshots are not really longhorn, its just XP with a special sidbar !

No, they are actual Longhorn screenshots.

Fact is, it's such an early build, that its almost exactly like XP atm (just like Whistler was very similar to 2k in the early stages)

NR: You may already know, but apparently (i've only read this, not tried it :) ) if you go to add/remove and disable or un-install WinFS it makes everything run almost twice as fast as it did before.

BMan, yeah, theres not much new over XP as this is a pre-alpha internal release, there have been and are numerous updates and versions since this one

Posted by SPeedY_B
NR: You may already know, but apparently (i've only read this, not tried it :) ) if you go to add/remove and disable or un-install WinFS it makes everything run almost twice as fast as it did before.

Yeah, I've heard that.

It just makes another to-be-good feature go away :p

Zenlok, about the sidebar thing, there is a program called Codename: Dashboard that was put in the software news part of this site. if you go through the news archive, you should find it in there. don't remember the actual address for the site. it's not VERY customizable, but it pretty much provides the same effects.

Speedy, where did you find that information about uninstalling WinFS, if you still remember where?

Dashboard is still a beta.

The last version I tried was extremely buggy and crashed everytime I clicked something :eek:

Never really crashed for me, NetRyder. i just thought it was a waste of space since u couldn't use any of the desktop that it was using.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back