longhorn installation problem!!!!!

C

coolman125

hi guys :) i am new here :)

hope any of you could help me pls :)

firstly, i got Microsoft.Longhorn-Alpha.Build.3683-BETAS.iso CD, am not saying where i got it from after i've read the rules and respect them :)

when i boot up from the CD, it ask for XP professional CD then it copying file to the hard drive from XP CD then it stopped and says :

Setup cannot copy the files: idwlog.exe

what am i doing wrong? could it be wrong longhorn CD? but strange thing is when i boot up the longhorn CD to install, soon after it ask for XP CD, is it normal? or not?

any tips would be very useful

many thanks :)

coolman125

P.S i love this forum :)

Its Alpha software, you expect everything to work perfectly? I've never tried Longhorn, since its only avalible to top-level internal MS Beta Testers, so I would'nt know much about it. Though since your a top-level internal MS Beta Tester that has access to Longhorn, why don't you just ask MS about your problem, and not us?

JJB

If JJB's answer supposed to be ironic then he got the point there, but if it is not then he's not seem to unterstand the problem:

"am not saying where i got it from after i've read the rules and respect them " - it is quite clear from this sentence (or even from the filename of the iso) that coolman got himself an illegal release of Longhorn, and he can't install that.

As i know there are 2 versions of Longhorns floating around. One is installable, the other is not. This forum is not for helping users with illegal stuff, but from the sentence above, coolman, you can figure out what to do next.

why would you even want to install it ...at this point in time its just asking for problems ...i can see installing to play around with it when it hits RC1

Originally posted by Burpster
why would you even want to install it ...at this point in time its just asking for problems ...i can see installing to play around with it when it hits RC1

why not :)

i've fixed the problem now

Link Removed

Originally posted by JJB6486
Its Alpha software, you expect everything to work perfectly? I've never tried Longhorn, since its only avalible to top-level internal MS Beta Testers, so I would'nt know much about it. Though since your a top-level internal MS Beta Tester that has access to Longhorn, why don't you just ask MS about your problem, and not us?

JJB

He isnt an MS BETA tester, he has obviously just downloaded this from IRC or someones FTP server, this has been leaked by microsoft and is all over the web

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back