Longhorn Build 5203 leaked screenshots

Son Goku said:
It's system requirements is what in part, remains to be seen. The reqirements/it's performance on the early beta may or may not be indicative of what one will see on the finished product.

Two big things that enter into this:

- It's probably far from feature complete. When Microsoft adds more features, this can have a tendency to eat away at one's system resources...

- It's not optimized yet (as the focus on their developers can be fixing bugs, rather then tweaking their code to get the best performance, at this juncture). Also if they haven't compiled debug code out...

In any case, I had Windows XP from the days of beta 1. I might still have the beta 1 CD sitting somewhere, don't know. The number of changes just moving to beta 2 were large enough, as to make info I could have provided from beta 1 almost meaningless in describing the finished product, which is winXP that we get OOB today...

I read somewhere earlier today that you are correct, this Beta isn't feature rich. Build 5203 is basically for developers, and they are tentatively slated to release a more "feature-rich" beta in Late November of 2005.

kcnychief said:
I read somewhere earlier today that you are correct, this Beta isn't feature rich. Build 5203 is basically for developers, and they are tentatively slated to release a more "feature-rich" beta in Late November of 2005.

WinHEC 2005 (April 2005) - Drivers frozen
Beta 1 (Summer 2005) - Fundamentals frozen
PDC 2005 (September 2005) - API's frozen
Beta 2 - Consumer/end-user features frozen
RTM - Holiday season 2006

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back