London UK residents...y'all ok?

ThePatriot

-=[BOHICA!]=-
Political Access
I just read a tornado went thru North London.

We just had one cut a 15 mile path here last Thursday.

First one ever on record in December. Hell, we don't ususally get them during the PEAK of storm season.

Hope everyone is unscathed.

Re: UK residents...y'all ok?

I just read a tornado went thru North London.

We just had one cut a 15 mile path here last Thursday.

First one ever on record in December. Hell, we don't ususally get them during the PEAK of storm season.

Hope everyone is unscathed.
I swear the world is coming to an end.
I mean, it was 60 degrees today, in Massachusetts!

Unreal - I knew they had tornados there - but never very strong! Not what you would expcet in the motherland! Hope all are OK!

Its heading below freezing here in Austin today. From a high of around 70 earlier.

Hooray?

Clearly global warming is wreaking havoc upon the world!

Oh yeah, its been freezing here for the past couple weeks. Oh how I would love to move to California. I'll take queasiness caused by tremors over the cold! :D

from what I gather it was a flash tornado. I'm in south london and Imust admt the thndery shower that spawned it was quite impressive, its probably the only storm I recall ever shaking the ground during each rumble of thunder.

Incredible! That's about what came through here last week. People in the path of the tornado said by the time they ran into their cellars the whole thing was over.

But leading up to it was intense. It got so bad at one point with the rain absolutely pounding sideways and the debris blowing with it, I pulled into a car wash. I was afraid that there was a tornado on top of us (didn't actually know about the real tornado at that time) or some debris would come through the soft top.

10 minutes later there was the most surreal looking sunset I've seen in quite some time. Wish I had a camera with me.

Pictures here if anyone is interested. Click the "December Windstorm Slideshow" link.

Glad to hear the OSNN gang is ok so far.

Wow, as everyone else has said I hope you UK guys and gals are alright.

Just last winter here in California we had an electrical storm pass through my area. It lasted about two hours and was the most spectacular event I have ever witnessed. Then later in the winter it snowed down to around 500 -750' above sea level I believe. It actually snowed two or three times that low last year. For this area even once is really really unusual. Some of the locals say they have only seen it snow that low once or twice in the last twenty years. Crazy stuff.... the weather is certainly changing.

Changed the thread title, a lot of us a nowhere near London :)

Yeah, I'm right next door to London, it's only 140 miles away.

If I get walking now, I'll be there for lunch time!

youstupidti0.jpg

Changed the thread title, a lot of us a nowhere near London :)
Yeah, I should've been more specific!

The last few posts are quite funny. I have a coworker originally from the UK who was never to London except when he boarded the plane to come to the US...and unfortunately there are certainly those here that think London is the UK in it's entirety.

Again, glad everyone is ok.

I know loads of people who live in London and even they didn't see anything of this storm! Fortunately it seems to have been relegated to quite a small area.

No not always that near to London, but apparently never more than 72 miles from the sea :p
Thats the spririt, apparently the sarcastic pencil loses it's quality in typeface.:laugh:

Over here those tornadoes are magneticallly attracted to trailer parks, but, if one blew through there who would know?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back