lol...Air Force One getting tagged

technokid88

Part of a System
The Video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4768640585329160079&pl=true

www.stillfree.com

WASHINGTON - A startling Internet video that shows someone spraying graffiti on President Bush's jet looked so authentic that the Air Force wasn't immediately certain whether the plane had been targeted.

It was all a hoax. No one actually sprayed the slogan "Still Free" on the cowling of Air Force One.

The pranksters responsible for the grainy, two-minute Web video - employed by a New York fashion company - revealed Friday how they pulled it off: a rented 747 in California painted to look almost exactly like Air Force One.

"I wanted to do something culturally significant, wanted to create a real pop-culture moment," said Marc Ecko of Marc Ecko Enterprises. "It's this completely irreverent, over-the-top thing that could really never happen: this five-dollar can of paint putting a pimple on this Goliath."

The video shows hooded graffiti artists climbing barbed-wire fences and sneaking past guards with dogs to approach the jumbo jet. They spray-paint a slogan associated with free expression.

After the video began circulating on the Web on Tuesday, the Air Force checked to see whether the plane had been vandalized.

"We're looking at it, too," said Lt. Col. Bruce Alexander, a spokesman for the Air Mobility Command's 89th Airlift Wing, which operates Air Force One. "It looks very real."

Alexander later confirmed that no such spray-painting had occurred.

Ecko acknowledged Friday that his company had rented a 747 cargo jet at San Bernardino's airport and covertly painted one side to look like Air Force One. Employees signed secrecy agreements and worked inside a giant hangar until the night the video was made. Ecko declined to say how much the stunt cost.

"It's not cheap," he said. "You have to be rich."
http://www.stillfree.com

Last edited:
How about Free Leonard Peltier or Free Beer or Free Political Prisoners? Any of those would have worked for me, Still Free? WTF? Who is Still Free...? Never heard of him.

That did look real, i'll bet if you looked closely you could see the windows are painted, since its a cargo jet...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
so...... any idea how much it would cost for a stunt like that seeing as the dude wudnt let us know.

bobsalot said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
so...... any idea how much it would cost for a stunt like that seeing as the dude wudnt let us know.

Imprisonment in Guantanamo Bay?? :laugh: :nervous:

I dont know, he rented it, i kno you can buy a used 747 for around 4 million...

yeah this guy owns Ecko Unlimited, company made like a billion in sales last year so this guy has money to burn.

dont we all. i rekon it cost him half a million for the whole stunt.

um... no way,
I'll bet it ran about 1.5 million, it requires a lot to rent the plane, then pay them to let you paint it, then pay the painters to do it, then the hangar, then the people doing it, then the cameras, then the gaurds, then the humvee, the dogs, etc...

I'm go ask the rens if i can get 1.5mill so i can do this also, but im tag TECHNOKID88...lol

Hard to believe the Air Force is that stupid these days - the video shows Andrews AFB (which is where AF One is stationed) and the caption alongside of the video - says Edwards AFB - which unless Ecko moved it, Edwards was in Calif the last I knew!

Me thinks AF Officers are spending too much time on the internet instead of watching their "real time surveilance cameras!:smoker:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back