logouts - many

I can't seem to login to the frontpage and forums at the same time, so either the patch X did has changed it or the patch Jelsoft have done have changed things but it was a maintainance release so that would be strange.

Looking at it now.

Well I didn't tell him I was upgrading and he didn't tell me, so its 50/50 :D

It happened again!

Wow, it is like a roller coaster ride. LOL!

Yeah happened to me there too.
Don't worry X, you prob won't ever meet MFG and if you do he won't hurt you too much ;D

no - I am logged out regularly - sometimes within minutes of a post - or as I hit the reply button.... I'm sure it is me and I am sure I am not alone - but it is an ongoing issue - I would never have posted if it was once only

Sure sure, the fact you get logged out while hitting the reply button is most probably since you are using the quote button to multi-quote. This causes javascript to be executed which alters the cookie (Sound familiar with what I posted about the Suhosin patch?)

My vote is on X b0rking things :D

But I just like winding him up :p

You do like winding me up. This time it was all damn JavaScripts fault. I hate JavaScript, so really it was win win :p

HEY!

I keep getting logged out and it is getting a little annoying :mad: - do not think it is my browser or cookies either - anyone else with this problem?

It is your browser, partially. Your browser should not need to modify the date that the cookie was created when adding something new to the cookie. However, it also does not know about the encryption used, so any new data added to the cookie tells the Suhosin patch it was messed with externally, see a pattern?

Ok this is a real issue now - I just logged in - brought up thread - and had to log in again to post! Also Ffox is crapping out with the memory leaking - so I am going to try other browsers and maybe even other machines - will post back results - again I ask if anyone else is/has experienced this kind of issue?

I am suspecting cookie handling - but would have expected more problems and elsewhere also?

So - who is handling my cookies - and can they stop doing it please!

It was cookie handling. They were too hot and PHP was dropping them as they were handed to it.

I have noticed if you login on the main page then you get logged out of the forum and if you log into the forum then you are logged out of the main page.

Yeah, two different scripts, two different encryption "pass phrases" same cookie name, same variable names. PHP really does not care where it was modified, it does not check out in Suhosin and it drops them.

It's X's fault. Patching PHP with patches he shouldn't be :)

Ah, but you really should. This Patch/extension is awesome. It stops most basic attacks against include injection. Stuff like:

Code:
<?php

include($_GET['main'] .".php");

?>

can't be exploited anymore by giving it an outside URL. Which means many of those exploits that are on geocities as JPG's won't work, and thus no more spam can be sent by the machine. The protection works great, just not the cookie thing if the cookies get modified by JavaScript.

I can't seem to login to the frontpage and forums at the same time, so either the patch X did has changed it or the patch Jelsoft have done have changed things but it was a maintainance release so that would be strange.

Looking at it now.

T'was me. I take the blame. I did it in the name of good though.

Well I didn't tell him I was upgrading and he didn't tell me, so its 50/50 :D

Bastard :p

Ok glad we solved it, I love solving problems on fridays.
Don't do any other work the rest of the week and then the stuff that hasn't resolved itself I delegate or blag.

I work too hard.

Seems you undid the patch, seem to be able to login to the forums and frontpage again.

T'was me. I take the blame. I did it in the name of good though.

Do you take the blame for being logged out of SP as well, since you admin those forums too? :s

I was logged out again this morning, from OSNN only.

Do you take the blame for being logged out of SP as well, since you admin those forums too? :s

I was logged out again this morning, from OSNN only.

Yes, I do take the blame. Have to fix that one as well, add a paramater to the PHP config file.

X tends to patch the servers at the same time :)

Yup.

Ok glad we solved it, I love solving problems on fridays.
Don't do any other work the rest of the week and then the stuff that hasn't resolved itself I delegate or blag.

I work too hard.

Seems you undid the patch, seem to be able to login to the forums and frontpage again.

It is currently 5:17, I have been up 44 hours. Yes, I fix stuff on friday's :p. I just turned off the cookie encryption part, and it is back to normal non-encryption/checking so yeah. Less secure, but works.

Woo less secure. You have made Symantec happy.

44 hours eh? How many nightclubs?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back