• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

logouts - many

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
I'm using firefox - and there has been that update lately - mind you thought I was getting the issue across browsers and have never had an issue before - so now I am confused....

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Ok this is a real issue now - I just logged in - brought up thread - and had to log in again to post! Also Ffox is crapping out with the memory leaking - so I am going to try other browsers and maybe even other machines - will post back results - again I ask if anyone else is/has experienced this kind of issue?

I am suspecting cookie handling - but would have expected more problems and elsewhere also?

So - who is handling my cookies - and can they stop doing it please!

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
i was logged out this morning. but not had any problems during the day.

try creating a new profile? (save bookmarks etc)

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
I have noticed if you login on the main page then you get logged out of the forum and if you log into the forum then you are logged out of the main page.

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
I was logged out from here and SP sometime last night, logged in this morning and all is well here (haven't been back to SP yet)

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
I was also logged out, did the ninja update to 3.6.1 several days ago, don't know if X has done any patching recently.
he did
X-Istence said:
Actually, this might have to do with the Suhosin PHP patch I applied. It is a security feature patch that does not allow remote inclusion of files (like http://blah.com/?content=http://some...*.com/somefile) where somefile is a PHP file that will then get included.

One of the changes is the cookie, it is automatically encrypted/decrypted and verified for a checksum previously in the system to make sure it has not been tampered with. This caused everyone to be logged out. I don't believe it should have had an effect on what is rolled up and what is not rolled up, since I have rolled mine up and it is no problem, I also have two forum categories that I have rolled up, and those are still fine as well.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
no - I am logged out regularly - sometimes within minutes of a post - or as I hit the reply button.... I'm sure it is me and I am sure I am not alone - but it is an ongoing issue - I would never have posted if it was once only

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies