Logon screen default screen saver, how do you..

B

body electric

Does anyone know how to change the default "windows XP" logon screen saver, to another one when XP is on username logon screen?

are you talking about the login screen or the screen saver?

heh still confused. If you wanna change the login screen you can either replace the logonui.exe yourself, or you can get a program like logon XP to do it for you (just search on google and you'll find a few diff login changing programs) and you can download logins from www.themexp.org

if you are trying to change the default screen saver that the logon screen uses...I don't think anyone found a way to do it as of yet.

Quote "if you are trying to change the default screen saver that the logon screen uses...I don't think anyone found a way to do it as of yet."

exactly what I want to do. Hopefully someone will figure it out!

This should work with XP

To change the screen saver:

Change the path and file name data string in the SCRNSAVE.EXE value name at HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop. If you enter an invalid path / file name, you will have to restart the computer in order to logon and correct your mistake.

More Info on configuring the Default Screen Saver

I found the answer for you.

There is a program called RegistryRobot. You can find it at www.pcmag.com/utilities

The program shows the following:

In Registry key HKU\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop, add or change the value named ScreenSaveTimeOut, changing its current data of 600 to a user-specified value.

In Registry key HKU\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop, add or change the value named SCRNSAVE.EXE, changing its current data of logon.scr to a user-specified value.

600 is how many seconds to wait until the screen saver starts.

I hope this works.

You are right. I was half a sleep when I was looking at the posts. I didn't notice your link, which also tells you how to change the screen saver time, until now. Registry Robot is still a cool tweaking tool.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back