Logon Randomizer!!!!

B

Bubbabyte

i downloaded a program about a month ago on this site and since then my hard drive crashed and i lost everything. This program was the only one i know of that changes your Boot screen. It was called logon ui randomizer, or boot logon ui randomizer or something like that....if someone could post a link to it or tell me where i can find it i would really apprecaite it...

thanks alot

URGENT!!HELP!HELP!HELP!!!URGENT!!

Downloaded and installed Logon UI Boot Randomizer and now my system restarts after boot screen. Can't get in to my system, only through booting from winxp cd recovery console but can't delete or remove program.
How else can I either A> bypass the boot screen, or B> boot off the cd into windows to remove the program from inside windows?

What file system are you using? Fat32 or NTFS? What happened when you booted through the recovery console?

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
What file system are you using? Fat32 or NTFS? What happened when you booted through the recovery console?
NTFS file sysytem. When I boot through the recovery console it sends me to c/windows directory but the folder for the program is in C drive. I can get to C drive but I cannot open the directory or modify the directory or do anything to the directory because I get a warning "access denied".

OK this is from memory & my memory ain't that good. I think the file causing grief is the ntoskrnl.exe found in C:\windows\system32 folder. That has to be replaced. How? Not sure. If you want to chance it you could move/delete that file then use the recovery option. If it works & you get in get rid of that program whick messed it up. Caution: deleting/moving that file might result in a format.

Tried doing the recovery in the walkthrough guide...No Joy. Is there any way to do a system restore from DOS?
Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

Well, nevermind. I gave up. I am now formatting and re-installing winxp on that partition.

this is why I don't mess with boot screens, I barely ever restart my computer whats the point. I think that they should include HUGE warning signs with this stuff, not tiny disclaimers.

Originally posted by Bubbabyte
i downloaded a program about a month ago on this site and since then my hard drive crashed and i lost everything. This program was the only one i know of that changes your Boot screen. It was called logon ui randomizer, or boot logon ui randomizer or something like that....if someone could post a link to it or tell me where i can find it i would really apprecaite it...

thanks alot

Here you go. I think the author's website is down. :(

I wonder if the SFC command (System File Check program in C:\Windows\System32) works from the recovery console. You might could use that.

Originally posted by zyfos
I wonder if the SFC command (System File Check program in C:\Windows\System32) works from the recovery console. You might could use that.

Yea it does work but all it says it all drives are clean, and reboots. I will NEVER mess with the boot screen again! I was totally locked out of my pc. Totally. There was no way to get arround that randomizer program at all. The recovery console is totally worthless!!!! WORTHLESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least for this type of problem. And if you had a corrupted file you can just use the winXP system repair. I have no idea what the hell the "recovery console" is for. A recovery console should give you options to "RECOVER". Not dump you to a DOS Prompt, with the very most basic of DOS commands. Hell DOS 1.1 had better command functions. I though the darn recovery console would allow you to use the restore functions (if you have it enabled, which I do). Hell even my rescue disk didn't even work! Uhhhg, well as you can see I have finnaly restored my system to it's previous condition but what a pain.

OK, here is the best part for all of you. The boot screen that was the first to load....... the Matrix that says "System Failure". That was so messed up. So Ironic.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help!

NOTICE TO ALL!!! DON'T USE ANY BOOT SCREEN PROGRAMS!!

Originally posted by Maveric169
Yea it does work but all it says it all drives are clean, and reboots. I will NEVER mess with the boot screen again! I was totally locked out of my pc. Totally. There was no way to get arround that randomizer program at all. The recovery console is totally worthless!!!! WORTHLESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least for this type of problem. And if you had a corrupted file you can just use the winXP system repair. I have no idea what the hell the "recovery console" is for. A recovery console should give you options to "RECOVER". Not dump you to a DOS Prompt, with the very most basic of DOS commands. Hell DOS 1.1 had better command functions. I though the darn recovery console would allow you to use the restore functions (if you have it enabled, which I do). Hell even my rescue disk didn't even work! Uhhhg, well as you can see I have finnaly restored my system to it's previous condition but what a pain.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help!

NOTICE TO ALL!!! DON'T USE ANY BOOT SCREEN PROGRAMS!!
The recovery console is used for critical system files.
Just because you have a problem and do not know how to repair it, does not mean that others will have the same problem. :rolleyes:
You should have also known that messing with the boot screen is an "At Your Risk" modification.
Lastly, you should always have a backup of your boot.ini file and some sort of program that will allow you to access the NTFS partition, if you are using NTFS or have your boot.ini file set for two boot screens.

Example from mine:
[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Custom Boot Screen" /fastdetect /KERNEL=kernel1.exe
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Original Boot Screen" /fastdetect

Just because you failed to heed the warnings and to be prepared for the worst, does not make it the programs fault. :rolleyes:
*Modifications beyond the original appearance is an "At Your Risk" decision*

i have always used them and i dont get any problems it depends on how ur pc is. (fussy, cool)etc hahaha.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back